Hmmm... Marjorie Taylor Greene claims she was swatted yet again last night

if this happened to someone else, i’m sure she’d be out there saying they made it up to cover for the real reasons the cops came to their house. ( actually… hmmm… :thinking: )

i also wonder if this is going to spread the idea of swatting more widely :confused:

5 Likes

The call - it’s coming from inside the house!

7 Likes

Everyone’s mocking MTG, and usually that’s a fun activity absolutely worth pursuing, but it sounds like this is someone else playing pranks, wasting police resources, for absolutely no net gain.

Nobody should swat anyone. It’s not funny. For all the effort the prank callers put into this, they could have done something productive.

If I’ve misread the situation, I apologize.

2 Likes

Yes we are. I’m more concerned that it’s her people trying to get her some attention while at the same time demonizing trans people. Who won’t get the same non violent response she does.

23 Likes

Broken clock

15 Likes

“The calls were coming from inside the house!!!”

4 Likes

Not buying that. It sounds like MTG looking for some publicity during mid-terms. She’s a compulsive liar, bigot and loves threatening people with violence.

17 Likes

She’s not happy that the lying liars gonna get her killed and the blood will be on thier hands. Her lying on the other hand is perfectly okay.

10 Likes

Frankly I pictured her end by either:

1. Accidentally shooting herself while rummaging through her purse
  2. Mace poisoning after pulling the “mail slot harassment thing” once too often
6 Likes

my blood will be on their shoulders

black-books-confused

31 Likes

I think it’s like a “Carrie” situation.

16 Likes

This has more information about the second incident with the police report.

6 Likes

Sometimes I wonder what the other 434 US representatives are up to, but I wouldn’t want to distract myself from this person’s thrice-daily slurred meaningless demands to speak to someone’s manager.

3 Likes

The first swatting was pretty weird, as they called the cops back and tried to make it seem like they were doing it for reasons related to trans rights, but also let it drop they were involved with transphobic nazi incel website Kiwifarms. So either it was an inept attempt at a false flag op, or some confused dipshit on the website think she’s insufficiently anti-trans and have done this as a result. It really seems like the former (especially since in the initial call, the swatter pretended to be a trans murderer). The second swatting was probably more of the same.

8 Likes

I didn’t read it as they “let it drop” they were connected to Kiwi Farms, but more like that was found out? I’m not sure, this could be interpreted both ways:

but the “computer-generated voice” told police they were a well-known member of Kiwi Farms

And then there’s this:

When Greene answered, she confirmed the hoax and asked police to search the residence to do a wellness check for her safety.

So…if someone did want to get into that house to plant recording devices (or whatever), it seems the way is now known :grimacing:

7 Likes

12 Likes

It’s not unusual for chan trash to hold a whole range of contradictory views, one after another or all at once. From a distance it looks like a far-right thing, because that’s sort of the center of gravity, but up close it’s saucerians, communists, nazis, NAMBLA libertarians, Sailor Moon superfans, you name it. Anything goes as long as you’re an antisocial hot mess.

11 Likes

I enjoyed this video about the “true” meaning of that tale.

10 Likes

What a brilliant take.

5 Likes

Except the parable isn’t being told by the villagers. That is factually wrong. It’s being told by Aesop, who created this universe to show that the boy is in the wrong. So this is some wilful hermeneutic fraud right here.

If we’re rewriting the fable to better fit the subject at hand, then there’s a boy who repeatedly cries “wolf”, and each time there is a wolf, but when the villagers show up the boy is like “nvm, this is nature’s way and there’s nothing we can do, the important thing is we’ve registered our disapproval”. Also, some villagers are eaten while he makes this speech.

I don’t disapprove of all this guy’s videos, but this one is partisan gaslighting.

2 Likes