Ho. Lee. Fark. The JCS, the Navy and the NG draw a line

Letters from all three stating their commitment to the Constitution, the First Amendment, and the right to protest. This is laying the groundwork for a mutiny rather than commit Crimes Against Humanity

19 Likes

I take this as a tiny hopeful sign that the entire military as a whole will not just fall in line and begin following illegal orders.

I need to believe it, not because I expect “institutions to save us” but because there have to be some individuals in power out there who are not entirely blind and corrupt - those with enough sense of self preservation to understand that this admin and its’ behavior isn’t sustainable.

26 Likes

That’s a good perspective. I can immediately think of worse alternative interpretations of the memo, but I think I’ll keep them to myself for now.

11 Likes

So can I which is why I read all three letters several times and ran them by a lawyer friend and a currently serving Army Captain. Both of them said this is pretty much unprecedented in US military history and is about as strong a statement as serving senior officers have ever made. One way or another it is very significant.

16 Likes

Nightmare time: The US military refuses to do something completely egregious, so he hires Dom-Daddy Vlad’s “Contractors” to do the job. I know. It’s late. I’m tired. It would be absolutely insane. Nobody could imagine the President of the United States doing this. But six months ago we didn’t believe we’d be in the middle of a plague and the Greater Depression, mass uprisings, and an unprecedented Constitutional Crisis all at once.

5 Likes

Why worry about the military?

Why would he do that when Betsy DeVos’ brother is right here?

11 Likes

It’s okay. I had the exact same thought yesterday. Though I thought it would be Eric Prince he’d call to do the dirty work… but with how deep he is acting like a Russian puppet I don’t see why his buddy Vlad wouldn’t offer him some fine people to take care of things. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Officially, Erik Prince sold off Blackwater/Xe/Academi, and his Frontier Services Group is owned by China, but I’m sure he could make a few calls.

In a pinch, why not deputize some of those fine far right militia people?

1 Like

In the posted letter I saw no admonition for troops to execute only lawful orders. How can enlistees or lower-grade commissioned officers know what’s “lawful”? If a superior orders something, disobedience is either dereliction or mutiny. Don’t expect much.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.