Home Depot's 12ft skeleton is Halloween decoration of the year

It’s gonna have to be the gaming neighborhood, me thinks.

Wait… why not just LARP, then?

4 Likes

9 Likes

I’d 100% put it in the corner of my living room, after rigging up some way to make it look like it’s lurking.

I think the real problem would be that I wouldn’t want to put it outside once a year.

4 Likes

My first thought was “fucking cool!”

My second thought was “I bet it’s crazy expensive!”

Funny story, turns out it’s TWICE as expensive as I imagined it must be when I thought “it’s crazy expensive”

Seriously, fuck you if you buy this thing

1 Like

Not if you make it kneel down in the bed and hang on to the cab with its hands

6 Likes

Magnificent. Wish I had that kind of scratch, and a bigger front lawn.

As it is, Mr. Kidd has graciously ordered inflatable costumes for the lot of us, and we’ll either be found playing basketball snd/or soccer on a nearby basketball court on Halloween.

There’s a house nearby with weathered steel dinosaur skeletons, and the owners do just this!

Many excellent comments on this thread, alas I’m all out of <3’s. :crying_cat_face::rage:

6 Likes

I knew guys who appropriated “locally-sourced natural skeletons” (skulls, anyway) to sell to satanic cultists. Don’t try this without protection, kids.

2 Likes

04ecc516d36ca75f3a07875d84875d3f

4 Likes

It’s easy to pose and/or accessorize the skeletons to give them context. A dog holding a chew toy or bone, a cat playing with yarn or pouncing on a rodent skeleton, etc. And I don’t think people generally associate skunks with Halloween in the first place, so not much risk there.

I’ll bet you can tell what creatures these skeletons came from without the aid of ears:

5 Likes

That first one is a gopher, obviously.

1 Like

But it’s worth every penny.

I had an opossum crawl inside my generator to get away from the rain, and it died there. The smell sucked for a while, but letting it decompose to bones and fur over the course of 2 weeks was easier to stomach than dealing with a bloated corpse.

Clearly, I missed an opportunity to profit off this horrible memory.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.