Home Depot's viral 12-foot skeleton really IS enormous

Originally published at: Home Depot's viral 12-foot skeleton really IS enormous | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Is it, like, 12 foot enormous? How unexpected! :wink:

4 Likes

In the building projects that I work on, the height of one floor to the next is usually between 10 to 12 feet (huge lobby areas excluded).

So a single story house would be about the same height as this behemoth, using this one story metric.

2 Likes

There’s consumerism, late stage consumerism…and then there’s this.

4 Likes

A neighbor has this set up with the giant skeleton holding a child-size skeleton while a normal parent-size skeleton seems to be rushing to them, pleading or both. It’s pretty great.

9 Likes

Next up on boingboing: 12 foot skeleton meets 11’8" bridge

26 Likes

“Technically the skull hits the crash beam, not the bridge.”

14 Likes

We have one of these. My lovely wife brought us to HD the day they became available. The box fits in the back of an Outback with a lot of squeezing and pushing. The end result is worth it.

11 Likes

Then there’s this guy:

21 Likes

Amazing! Where do you store it in the off-season? Or did you just leave it up, like the good happy mutant that we know you are?

11 Likes

And some guys claim they can’t fit in a compact because they’re 5’11 1/2"

8 Likes

He has in fact added the roof bursting skull and it is glorious.

21 Likes

The overlapping pushed-upward shingles are a very nice touch, adds a bit of realism while hiding the egde of the skull.

7 Likes

I freaking hate Home Despot.

That’s it, that’s the comment.

When I saw the 12-ft skeleton I immediately had the same idea as this guy that the only way to stand out would be to make a truly giant skeleton to lord over the lesser skeletons. Glad to see actually done.

4 Likes

Neat! But I really don’t need any more viral things in my life right now.

3 Likes

There’s one in my neighborhood that really was left up all year. They re-decorated it for all the different holidays (Santa outfit, Easter bunny ears, st Patrick’s day leprechaun hat and beard, etc)

10 Likes

I Love It Reaction GIF by Magic: The Gathering

6 Likes

Just bury it in the garden.

2 Likes

I was hoping to get one to display year-round, but these things sold out in July… I’m just not that forward-thinking. I assume we’ll see a bunch of these sold second hand in a year or two.

1 Like