Reviews are in for Home Depot's giant crab statue

Originally published at: Reviews are in for Home Depot's giant crab statue | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Larger than life? Are you sure?

5 Likes

Stephen Colbert Chefs Kiss GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Joe Biden GIF by ABC News

10 Likes

and yer tell’n me it isn’t available in NFT form yet??

3 Likes

I remember back in the 90’s our family would get Design Toscano catalogs in the mail and a majority of their stuff looked like it belonged in some billionaire duke’s castle. At some point they transitioned into a SkyMall outlet for biker gnomes and alien birdfeeders. I mean, I’m not complaining.

Crap, now I’ve fallen into their rabbit hole of a site and I strangely desire one of these.

5 Likes

Maybe I’m too cynical, but I feel like these periodic stunt products that Home Depot has been selling lately are specifically engineered to generate social media virality.

9 Likes

doctor who GIF

But who doesn’t want a 13ft skeleton for their front yard…

13 Likes

Some guy near me bought the giant skeleton form home depot and hung a huge trump flag on it as a cape.

For the life of me I can’t figure out what message he’s trying to send out.

8 Likes

Well SOMEONE’s crabby!

8 Likes

Crabs Crab Rave GIF

11 Likes

Look at that glistening paint job! It’s so

9 Likes

Needs a giant can of Old Bay to go with it…

7 Likes

They asked if it could be done, but they never asked if it should be done.

1 Like

Will make sadly ironic addition to the great pacific garbage patch (because naturally all this crap just becomes trash sooner or later).

If only there was some sort of giant totem I could purchase to reflect this mood… :thinking:

6 Likes

Look, I’m all for enormous viral lawn art, but the skeleton was only $300. Who has $1500 to shell out (pun intended) on a giant crab?

2 Likes

I thought that was Costco?

In any case, I suspect that these giant knicknacks are the brainchildren of the secret Harryhausen Society.

Maybe someone should invite Diane fromSeven Deadly Sins to dinner?

4 Likes

Not the ones we’ve been talking about.

1 Like

Nope, Home Depot…

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Accents-Holiday-12-ft-Giant-Sized-Skeleton-with-LifeEyes-TM-LCD-Eyes-21SV22082/319895536

Sorry, it’s 12ft!

2 Likes

My bad! :crazy_face:

Even Harryhausener!

6 Likes