Homeland Security analyst filmed telling black teen girl, “You don’t deserve to be here”

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/19/homeland-security-analyst-film.html

10 Likes

I guess we need a new term for all of this type of shit; how about “resignation by racism” cause he ain’t keeping that job.

23 Likes

In a statement to The Post on Wednesday, a PBSO spokeswoman said the man in the video told deputies he almost hit the golf cart.

“I am told unless this is a low-speed vehicle with a tag on it, the golf cart is not supposed to be driven on the road,” the spokeswoman said. “As the video shows, the male confronted the juveniles and some of what he said would be in-line with the fact that the golf cart should not be on the road. We received two calls and when the deputies arrived, the male had already gone home. Deputies did speak to the juveniles and made contact with the male next day. Based on both accounts no crime was committed.”

So the Palm Beach Sheriff’s office looks like they kind of just hand wave away these kinds of threats.

40 Likes

Are the racists blaming black people for sneaking into the country aboard those slave ships now?

48 Likes

I hate that these kids had to experience this first hand, but they already do in less direct ways. If these morons are gonna vokuntarily out themselves as racists, I say go for it. It makes purging you from society that much easier. Just like the cops that are resigning in protest, I keep thinking “Good, now you know who to fire first!”

14 Likes

I’d say with almost certainty 99% of the persons that I’ve met who work for Homeland Security are this guy.

16 Likes

Almost immediately, Nelson said, a man the teens didn’t know began following them closely, almost hitting them at one point.

Is this guy related to George Zimmerman??

4 Likes

At DHS, this might put him in line for a promotion.

18 Likes

wait… “spoke in tongues”? is this hyperbole or is this guy actually “out of church and out of his gourd”? (‘both, both is good’)

Jeffers yelled at the teens, spoke in tongues, shared his extensive knowledge of US states where adults can marry teens, threatened to have the kids arrested, and told a 15-year-old black girl, "You do not deserve to be in here.”

one might suppose, depending on where “here” is, where we don’t deserve to be, in these fine days of trump/virus/economy that might amount to a “best wishes” kinda thing …nah

5 Likes

A racist (and creepy) government worker???

7 Likes

we are working to get all available information in considering what action, if any, may be appropriate for the agency to take

…aaaand that is white privilege in a nutshell. The careful examination of the situation, weighing all the evidence of what happened, a presumption of innocence, and a calm, measured, respectful due process.

A black man driving around threatening people would simply be shot dead and nobody would ever even hear about it.

34 Likes

Yeah, but once the MAGA’s find out that the males tend to the eggs and the females hunt, there’ll be the constant shouts of “Cuck!” plus the inevitable forced Penguin conversion therapy and nothing deserves that.

3 Likes

It’s immigration services. He might get promoted.

5 Likes

We can do better.

If we Americans can gore-birth the word miscegenation then we can make up one that means resigns due to racism.

I was going to suggest ‘blackquit’ but that doesn’t really work (and is not very nice).

Hate-quit? Self-sack?

4 Likes

No “might” about it. If Trump doesn’t make him head of the DHS within the week, I’ll eat a MAGA hat.

2 Likes

Looks like that guy karensacked himself, for sure.

31 Likes

Yes - that works very well. You get the commission! :wink:

5 Likes

Racignation works for me.

28 Likes

i wish i could see the rest of the conversation between the granddad and the shithead… boy, did he change his tone immediately after a grown-up popped up. what a wuss.
also, in Florida, everybody, EVERYBODY drives fucking golf carts on the road in the communities. It is a way of life. So, the cops can go fuck themselves.

19 Likes