Honk your horns in the air and wave your glow sticks like you just don't care -- it's a German car rave

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/14/honk-your-horns-in-the-air-and.html

3 Likes

I can’t imagine many things worse than this. Being stuck, unable to drive away while being subjected to “music” being played by a couple of dudes hitting the spacebar on their laptops, augmented by constant car horns

4 Likes

Unlike a root canal, you most likely don’t feel better afterwards, either.

1 Like

Congratulations, you have become your dad.

14 Likes
4 Likes

Car parades with all the fucking honking and shit are one of the worst things to come out of this. I mean, not even close to being as bad as the death and suffering, but in terms of things people actually choose to do, it’s one of the most fucking stupid.

1 Like

DJs are posting great isolation sets on YouTube, SoundCloud, etc.

Lightswitch rave beats this any day!

3 Likes

dont-trust-b-in-apt-yayboo

cheatrave

Sure. The world sucks, so let’s dump on what little bit of joy people are trying to get…

8 Likes

I am a sucker for videos of people in corporate work environments letting loose and dancing. Makes me feel like my two hemispheres are back in sync. The subversiveness of turning out the boring office.

Nowadays we have lots of big open floorplan tech offices completely empty. Someone please sneak in and dance. Do it in the dark, do it alone, but do it. Does it need to be me?

1 Like

Socially distanced German Car

4 Likes

Just imagine having to go to the bathroom and being stuck in one of the cars in the middle. That’s a hard pass for me.

I’ve been to a couple of Twitch/zoom dance party’s in the last few months that have actually been fun. DJ/live musician will do their set on Twitch and the crowd is all on zoom. Some people are very creative with outfits, light set ups, and projections. Hey it’s something to do on a Saturday night and creates connection. Check out this Eli & Fur (Eli), Dear Humans set from last weekend, really beautiful.

Ha! Shhhh, this is me.

2 Likes

Son, you know my dislike of DJs replacing live musicians goes back to my high school days, now go clean up your room

/probablyoldenoughtobeyourdad
//livemusician
///oldschoolhashtags

1 Like

I’m old enough to remember John Peel’s complaints about his listeners obsession with “White Boys with Guitars”.

2 Likes

I wasn’t dumping on them. I think all of these ideas are great. I meant the circumstances that have driven us to such things are unsettling and sad.

2 Likes

Out of a whole nightmarish scenario this remains the element that bothers me most. Mindless fiddling with a parametric EQ ≠ beatmixing (although I give it a pass if it’s your own music).

I’m also guessing half those peeps would be having as good a time parked up anywhere!

2 Likes

Being too old and fat for real raves, climate controlled chair dancing sounds okay to me.

3 Likes

Can’t argue with that…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.