House approves debt limit deal

The campaign ads just write themselves. “They are going after your SS and Medicare. Just listen!”

11 Likes

I’ve been saying for decades that politicians would start touching this third rail the moment enough Boomers had died off. We’re right on schedule.

The Dem establishment is way too polite to produce such “uncivil” ads.* Also, more than a few of the Third Way leadership of the party has more in common with Emmanuel Macron than we’d like when it comes to entitlement programmes.

[* The Lincoln Project won’t be producing any ads that offend the neoCons and moneyCons, either.]

5 Likes

chris-rock-train-never-late

3 Likes

Great, then stop deducting SS from my paycheck right now.

3 Likes

Day ending in Y already?

7 Likes

Some movement in regards to Manchin’s effing pipeline:

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/4030235-kaine-introduces-amendment-to-strip-manchin-backed-pipeline-from-debt-ceiling-bill/

“I support improving the permitting process for all energy projects. But Congress putting its thumb on the scale so that one specific project doesn’t have to comply with the same process as everyone else is the definition of unfair and opens the door to corruption,” Kaine said in a statement Thursday.

“I’m introducing this amendment to strip this harmful provision—which is completely unrelated to the debt limit—from the bill because I owe it to the Virginians impacted by the pipeline—including the hundreds of Virginians whose land is being taken away—to ensure the project only proceeds following fair administrative and judicial review.”

2 Likes

That’s great, but if it gets amended, it has to go back to the house. Given the timeline we are on, at that point we are screwed.

7 Likes

Yep… way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, Senator… :rage:

I’m not happy about the bill, the pipeline, none of it, but FFS, the last thing we need in the current environment is a global economic downturn.

7 Likes

His time would be better spent eliminating the debt ceiling legislation. Then this nonsense stops.

5 Likes

But then how we get the drama of legislation that we all tune in for! /s

Seriously… I’m sick of these pointless dorks not doing their jobs and instead grandstanding pointlessly.

5 Likes

Boebert who kept saying she was a hard no and the deal was bad for the country didn’t show up to cast that no vote.

That’s odd. Okay, no it’s not.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.