House Speaker Nancy Pelosi endorses Joe Biden for president

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/27/house-speaker-nancy-pelosi-end.html

2 Likes

As opposed to endorsing Trump?

Down ticket blue. Senate, too.

4 Likes

Offers, but is unlikely to provide.

14 Likes

IOW, a solid step up from “definitely provides the opposite of all those things”

12 Likes

11 Likes

She did have to think about it for a bit. I mean, if Biden wins, she won’t be the leader of the opposition. That will be way less fun.

1 Like

Well, that was fast.

Just kidding! I thought she endorsed him two years ago!

1 Like

These kind of endorsements are a kind of media event. If Obama/Warren/Sanders/Pelosi et al. just all endorsed him at the same time then it would be over and done with quickly while the news cycle moved on to something else. By spacing out all the high-profile official endorsements they get to make it into a form of free advertising that lasts weeks or months instead of hours.

It’s performative, but intentional.

12 Likes

Agreed. It’s not exactly the same thing, but critical timing of endorsements is arguably what swung it for Biden around South Carolina and Super Tuesday.

4 Likes

Has someone yelled this down to Joe in the basement so he knows?

4 Likes

SMOD reflects somewhat in blue. He’s the candidate we deserve

Smurf Americans are an underrepresented voting bloc

4 Likes

It’s also annoying, assinign, useless, and other words that might get me banned so I’ll leave it there.

Get rid of the nastiest cRooks, and work Down from there.

1 Like

If he gets Joe Rogan endorsement then I’ll be surprised.

They can’t vote here if they’re undocumented immigrants from Belgium

3 Likes

joe who?

1 Like

I thought they all got their visas when NBC hired them. How else were they going to be able to work 90 minute slots on Saturday Mornings. (You could never escape them if you were an 80’s kid).

2 Likes

I actually remember when the Smurfs were a weird import thing like Tintin and Asterix

3 Likes

Fer cryin’ out loud, can’t she endorse him without blatantly insulting everyone’s intelligence and lying to our faces.

1 Like

I don’t want to endorse Class-Traitor Joe Biden for President, but I’ll endorse Mass Murderer Trump as ex-president.

1 Like