How could Lex Luthor beat the import controls on kryptonite

Assumably if it had been of the quality of a TRANSFORMERS film it might have greater legs alright.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s worse.

4 Likes

I’ll tell you what the worst part of the movie for me: That wasn’t superman and that wasn’t batman.
Superman cares about the consequences of his actions and batman has a moral code: he will not kill.

These are not arbitrary rules, they are defining traits of these characters. A movie that actually spent some time driving these characters to break the rules they set up for themselves. The rules that, in their minds, keep them righteous. Would have been an awesome movie.

Oh, and there’s already a pretty good flash thank you very much.

But like I said, this is why I didn’t like the movie. If anybody else wants to like it is fine by me.

8 Likes

Are you familiar with the dark night returns comic book? Because I find that they deal with this a million times better than they do here.

1 Like

I recently rewatched it and was surprised at how many of the Joker’s henchmen that the Burton Batman offs with various grenades, explosives, and one push down a bell tower. Burton’s version of his moral code is decidedly shaky.

2 Likes

Did it star Conan O’Brien? I mean, it really should have…

1 Like

Yeah, but put a scene in the Dark Knight where John Travolta and Uma Thurman dance the Batusi and by God, you’ve got something there :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, I won’t argue with that. The film adaptations are almost invariably less sophisticated than the best of the comics - BATMAN BEGINS is also a very poor man’s YEAR ONE. DAWN OF JUSTICE is no where next to near the DARK KNIGHT RETURNS on any level. But I still likes it, dammit!

2 Likes

you have to throw in a few more backslashes so that BBS displays both arms

this:

¯\\\_(ツ)_/¯

will result in:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Given that there must be a lot of libertarians in showbiz, I’m frankly amazed we don’t have to wade through even more of this shit.

2 Likes

I thought showbiz was a leftist regime controlled by red Jews.

Billy Bob was jewish?

1 Like

Undoubtedly it was a cesspit of Semitocommunism until the McCarthy era.

Having heard from several people whose opinions I trust, especially regarding this type of movie, that Dawn of Justice is not worth going to see, I feel no need to plunk down double digit money to verify their opinion. I will wait until I can see it for free, either on cable or disc. So far, the bits I have heard and seen don’t change my thinking.

4 Likes

How dare you judge a movie you’re not willing to see for yourself?!?!

1 Like

I don’t need to eat a whole bottle of El Diablo Hot Sauce to know it will likely disagree with me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.