How did Reuters get that shot of Martin Shkreli's perp-walk?

3 Likes

I’m guessing you’ve not - yet - met - Clark.

3 Likes

Trump / Shkreli 2016

1 Like

I hope his lawyers suddenly raise their fees by 1000%.

12 Likes

3 Likes

Regarding Ken White’s, and CD’s, concerns that some feds violated some rights in tipping off Reuters, I’ll add that Newsweek has been reporting that Shkreli has been under federal investigation as far back as Sept.

The reporter in that case has been stating that this arrest was coming.

Surely, this doesn’t disprove the possibility that an official leaked, but it’s also just as likely that a reporter or 2 asked local residents to give them a ring if the 5-O arrived in force.

2 Likes

If the Wu-Tang Theory turns out to be incorrect (unlikely, I know): The photographers could have been doing their job and keeping an eye on someone under federal investigation. Then when multiple vehicles disgorged hordes of law-enforcement personnel, the photographers ran to a likely spot and started snapping pictures. Or is that too old-fashioned to mention on the intertubes?

3 Likes

Is this the place where i mention I’ve never listened to wu-tang? Should I?

2 Likes

Are you a white dude? White dudes apparently love it.

8 Likes

Roger Roger. I’ll queue it up after the reruns of Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me (no, really)

Boggle. You’ll be telling us next you don’t like Die Antwoord.

######whatever happened to those guys anyway?

Oh, give me at least a modicum of respect.

4 Likes

22 Likes

their catalog is hit and miss after an unbroken string of classics. everything from 36 Chambers ('93, first LP introduces the whole clan) through Ironman ('96, Ghostface’s first) is all gold, that’s 6 lps by my count. Ghost has somehow never put out a wack album, but pretty much all the others have at least once, so beware.

1 Like

When they walk around the block until the press shows up, that’s what they call a “roto-Reuter”.

13 Likes

The opposite of secret isn’t front page news, of course.

if there’s an ethical problem with this sort of story, what about a show like_Cops_?

3 Likes

Eddie Murphy told me that once back at the house.

Is that the show that blurs faces for those that don’t sign riders and never mentions names?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.