How Don Lemon gets under Trump's skin

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/04/how-don-lemon-gets-under-trump.html

15 Likes

Glad someone finally just directly asked him this. That’s been one of the large elephants in the room since before Trump even ran.

27 Likes

Is this a K-type question? I’m going to say, all of the above.

14 Likes

Is it illegal to yell “You are a DOUCHEBAG!” and other statements like that at the president?

Edit: Because I don’t understand why there is not a constant refrain of stuff like that wherever he goes.

20 Likes

“…, won the popular vote?, …”

22 Likes

Obama won the Nobel Prize and twice was Time’s Person Of The Year. Check Trump’s historic tweets on both. When Greta got person of the year 2019, he had his son tweet against her. Every other time in recent history he’s directly criticized the decision unless he was the honoree.

In terms of Don Lemon’s question, how can be be sure it’s actually skin?

17 Likes

What is it? There may be a variety of reasons, but honestly, we all know that it all comes down to one thing.

Obama is a …

And I don’t even need to fill in the last word.

12 Likes

And around the nation, the heads of ⊥rumpkins begin to explode.

13 Likes

Well, not to his face. But still nice to hear it voiced on a high-profile media platform.

13 Likes

Don Lemon is an opportunistic douchebag in his own right, but even broken clocks are correct twice a day…

20 Likes

Yes, it is the skin.

4 Likes

I wonder if Denis Leary would license his song Asshole for use as Trump’s unofficial theme song? Hmm, does the corpus of Trump’s speeches (both as occupant of the Oval Office and prior to that) have everything you’d need to remix the song to be in Trump’s voice rather than sung by Leary? At the very least you’d probably need to combine “cheese” and the latter part of “hamberders” in one of the lines.

3 Likes

I think he said “The sheriff is Near!”

17 Likes

I don’t watch CNN or other news networks (except WaPo and NYTimes sometimes) so I don’t know who this guy is.

But I have to say…his name is awesome for a FL mafia boss.

3 Likes

Trump is doing everything he can to get re-elected so shift the blame to everyone but himself. Last i read his poll numbers had soared back up, i presume it’s because he’s pushing the narrative that the states need to reopen despite data showing this is a bad move. Additionally him and other republicans keep parroting that China created the virus in a lab despite experts saying the possibility of that being true being highly improbable.

Also we know exactly why Trump dislikes Obama:

20 Likes

I think the reason Trump hates Obama for all the ones mentioned above, but if there was one in particular - it was due to this one night so long ago:

Would not be surprised this (relatively insignificant) humiliation was both the impetus for Trump’s eventual run, as well as the ongoing grudge. It’s so petty, but that’s Trump for you.

21 Likes

I think you may be right. But OMG, I forgot about the Lion King clip - so funny!

2 Likes

It’s true, we simply can’t be sure. However, if it is real skin, then the only thing that could possibly explain it’s…uh…patina is constant exposure to refracted sunlight off of fake gold plated crap.

2 Likes

@ClutchLinkey - yes! Wouldn’t it be somewhat ironic (?) if we really have Obama to blame for Trump the politician?

2 Likes

Upon further evaluation:

6 Likes