How Minnesota's governor performed an economic miracle by raising tax on the rich and increasing minimum wage

More guys (and gals) like this could get elected if the professional left-wing and its supporters decide to work hard at winning elections and forget all of the purity that they expect said politicians to stick to.

1 Like

Michigan has some serious gerrymandering to get rid of before bothering to focus on perfect being the enemy of good.

4 Likes

“Trickle-down” is a dishonest pejorative for free markets used by those that do not understand ECON101. Read Thomas Sowell and Henry Hazlitt.

1 Like

Interestingly, the term apparently originated with Will Rogers, who said about Hoover during the Great Depression that “money was all appropriated for the top in hopes that it would trickle down to the needy.” Hoover’s laissez faire, free market, anti-regulatory policies did work wonders, and the charities he hoped would pick up the slack preserved the well being of all citizens effectively and grew the economy until FDR had to come in and ruin it all. At least that’s what I understand from Thomas Sowell.

7 Likes

I think the decades long narrative about how “the left” in American is one step away from Stalin might be a big factor in the “left” being out in the wilderness for so long. Plus, there is serious gerrymandering, as @IronEdithKidd, which general benefits conservatives, historically speaking. I’m not sure that wanting to have a candidate that isn’t center-right represent you or the desire to have real political choices is the core problem here. Rather, it seems to be more about how the system has been gamed by political elites for a while now.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.