How much does it cost for an order of fish and chips if you don't get the fish and you hold the chips?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/02/how-much-does-it-cost-for-an-o.html

7 Likes

Is that a koan, along the lines of, “what is the sound of one hand clapping?”

10 Likes

So, what, just fried batter? I believe these are called “doughnuts”.

14 Likes

Instructions unclear; am now hungry for fish and chips.

21 Likes

Chips are £1.90
Large (portion of) chips is £2.40

15 Likes

I would take it as “If you come up and order chips hold the chips, there is a 1.90 fee for putting up with your shenanigans.”

33 Likes

Seems someone simply forgot to hash out that line item. meh, move on…if that’s their only sin, I think we are fine.

If you are ever in the Northeast…swing by this place. There are no better fish n chips outside of the UK.

https://www.yeoldeenglishfishandchips.com/

2 Likes

Can you get an order of Fish 'n Chips 'n Chips for 6.50? :thinking:

1 Like

How much is the chips?
Does the fish have chips?

4 Likes

I’m just wrestling with these:

Chicken Burger in Bun
Beefburger in Bun
Vegetable Burger

Doesn’t a burger order imply that a bun is included? And what’s up with the vegetable burger not getting “buned”?

3 Likes

It seems pretty clear to me that this is the intent.

1 Like

Yep, that’s exactly what it means. I don’t really see the confusion. OK, it’s a little bit funny.

1 Like

This is pre-Brexit math. I’m sure Boris can’t wait to fix this.

6 Likes

I’m also curious what constitutes a Cornish Pasty, and exactly how do you attach them? Accounting for grease and weight factor, of course.

4 Likes

Lots of places have a north east. Even the UK.

1 Like

Excellent.

2 Likes

Kinda rememinds me of when I was a kid and it just baffled me that chili with beans was cheaper than just plain old chili.

3 Likes

Hopefully this isn’t too disappointing:

Confusingly, The UK has at least two areas that get called “the north east”. See if you can spot them on this map (hint, one of them is probably further south than you are thinking):

6 Likes

Is this metric or imperial?

Wonder what the ledger looks like?