How much does it cost for an order of fish and chips if you don't get the fish and you hold the chips?

Yeah. It all becomes clearer if we add “additional” into the “with chips/without chips” options.

So yeah, presumably chips with additional chips is double chips for only £0.50 more. Which makes sense as the extra potatoes don’t cost all that much.

Sure. but since BB is a US based site and I stated outside of the UK…it’s kind of self explanatory isn’t it.

NEW ENGLAND. That better for you? Or perhaps the link to the site also explicitly states where the damn place is…ya know, there’s that.

Also hunt down and have a Bridie Pie

5 Likes

We have four of them!

1 Like

North East, Pennsylvania is in the extreme northwestern part of the state. (Not a misnomer, just located in the northeastern part of the county rather than the state.)

I know that I’ve spent the night there before. The stay wasn’t memorable, just another truckstop motel. I don’t recall whether I had fish and (possibly vacuous) chips, or what they might have charged for chips without the chips.

1 Like

When I was a teenager, I worked in fast food, Carls Jr to be specific. They (CKE Inc) were cheap-ass basterds. If you wanted extra tomatoes or lettuce, it would cost you an additional $0.25 each. But if your sandwich came with tomato or lettuce and you told them you didn’t want it, you would not get a discount.

They also made it plainly clear that if you ate even one french fry without paying for it, you will be fired on the spot for ‘stealing’, even if the batch of fries was destined for the trash. They also would go ape-shi!t if homeless people were dumpster diving for old burgers that got tossed. It wasn’t about being sanitary, it was about stealing.

That said, their employee discount was pretty good: 50% 30 minutes before and after your shift, and 20% any other time, at any store, to feed the entire family and friends in that same order.

I was at McD too, and their deal was that the first $3.20 during your shift would be covered, but beyond that, it’s full price. And that was it.

There is a town of Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania.

By the way Chips are off. Can I get Spam instead?

BB may be a US based site, but a significant portion of the readership is outside the US, so yes, specifying New England would help people

2 Likes

Rose: If you are an alien how come you sound like you’re from the North?
The Doctor: Lots of planets have a North!

7 Likes

I haven’t had any fish n’ chips in years. That image on the post looks mighty tasty.

2 Likes

I’ve worked in fast food, too. I believe that over here the reason for charging extra for added ingredients but not giving discount for anything removed is that they don’t really want custom orders. It’s faster to churn out standard burgers, and at least over here a few chains allow making burgers in advance, so you can have buffer. Custom burgers risk that buffer going to waste.

1 Like

2 Likes

fried batter in a chippy is sold or given away as “scraps”

4 Likes

When I was in high school, scraps were 25 cents a basket at Long John Silvers, which was handy to know, as I got a dollar for lunch and also had to buy my own gas and cigarettes.

1 Like

Unlikely they just forgot, look at the sums.

You need to be reading the food topic; I made these three days ago.

Mine aren’t the prettiest in the world, but that’s not a major concern. It’s basically meat & potatoes in a durable but edible lunchbox.

6 Likes

Huh, you really do learn something new everyday. And by “new” I mean “gribbles”. Thanks!

1 Like

But can BOBBY (Jack Nicholson) get a side order of toast?

BOBBY: Wait, I’ve made up my mind. I want a plain omelette, forget the tomatoes, don’t put potatoes on the plate, and give me a side of wheat toast and a cup of coffee.

WAITRESS: I’m sorry, we don’t have side orders of toast. I can give you an English muffin or a coffee roll.

BOBBY: What do you mean, you don’t have side orders of toast? You make sandwiches, don’t you?

WAITRESS: Would you like to talk to the manager?

PALM: Hey, mack!

BOBBY: (to Palm) Shut up. (to the waitress) You have bread, don’t you, and a toaster of some kind?

WAITRESS: I don’t make the rules.

BOBBY: Okay, I’ll make it as easy for you as I can. Give me an omelette, plain, and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast – no butter, no mayonnaise, no lettuce – and a cup of coffee.

(She begins writing down his order, repeating it sarcastically:)

WAITRESS: One Number Two, and a chicken sal san – hold the butter, the mayo, the lettuce – and a cup of coffee… Anything else?

BOBBY: Now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, charge me for the sandwich, and you haven’t broken any rules.

2 Likes

slap-gif-3

1 Like