How to become a minimalist in 30 days

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/09/how-to-become-a-minimalist-in.html

1 Like

Hardly. Why does it have so many days?

29 Likes

30 days seems like an extravagant amount of time.

/S

12 Likes

The Onion is selling a planner that takes into account Trump’s coming nuclear apocalypse

34 Likes

Both of which she threw away when she was done.

13 Likes

This… this is not satire, is it?

20 Likes

I just don’t know why people do it. I have so many hobbies that I collect any number of items in order to do. I would still keep all of my tools even if I wasn’t a contractor and I prefer my kids have lots of toys to play with rather than just an iPad. And all that’s nothing compared to all the tools, toys and weird items in my kitchen that I use on a daily basis to keep everyone fed.

17 Likes

Must I also dress like a Puritan?

9 Likes

When you’re a minimalist, you only need one hobby: Minimalism.

27 Likes

No judgement, but did she shave her eyebrows off as part of this strategy?

13 Likes

If you keep the eyebrows, then you need to keep the eyebrow tweezers.

If you remove the eyebrows, you can use the same razor.

13 Likes

Minimalists have no need for eyebrows.

10 Likes

5 Likes

I hate everything about this.

3 Likes

Is nudism a form of minimalism? I would say yes. Not that I’m a nudist. Or minimalist. Not that there’s anything wrong with either.

9 Likes

There are like 20 hardback books strewn on my floor, two nice Yamaha monitors, a music keyboard, and three guitars. It’s a total fucking mess and I love it, I wish I were sitting there now.

15 Likes

Nope.

8 Likes

But apparently they have a need for way too much eye makeup. She wants to be a minimalist, she might want to pare that down, too.

8 Likes

I never expected Marilyn Manson’s Bowie-inspired Berlin sabbatical to turn into this.

5 Likes

21 Likes