How to make a birthday cake entirely out of potato foods

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/16/how-to-make-a-birthday-cake-entirely-out-of-potato-foods.html

7 Likes

It needs some butter sour cream icing.

6 Likes

NGL that looks delicious.

6 Likes

Is this something you make as a gift for a frenemy? :astonished:
Ok, filed away for future use…
:smiling_imp:

4 Likes

I’m not very big on sweets. For my birthday last year I put candles on a pizza and the year before that it was a giant double cheeseburger. I am very much looking forward giving this a go! I have to agree with knoxblox, it could use some sour cream icing. And maybe some crumbled bacon for sprinkles.

6 Likes
5 Likes

How about Lasagna Ice Cream… er, ice cream lasagna, I mean?

8 Likes

Fascinating exercise…like savory spumoni gone horribly wrong. When she said it’s like uncooked packaged frozen food, that explained the look on their faces while tasting it!

3 Likes

The thing that they liked the least of each individual element was the tomato sauce gellato… I have no idea how that could be made to taste good.

3 Likes

Start with gazpacho and adjust the seasoning from there? :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

Best donut I have ever had was the dark chocolate sea salt donut from Holy Donuts in Portland, Maine. They make all their donuts out of potatoes!

8 Likes

I guess, but it would still be weird, since tomatoes is savory for most people, I think. I can see semolina or even cheese as a sweet or semi-sweet dish, even as an ice cream like this… but even from a cold soup like gazpacho… just… nah.

3 Likes

I want some, please.

2 Likes

If you try to make it, you should post pics…

3 Likes

If you like Potatoes… do I have a music video for you.

3 Likes

Make mine spam with a side of spam.

2 Likes

Basil and cardamom, dunno what tarragon and garlic ice creams would do separately. Lime bracer?

3 Likes

…right, hard drops in sugar and vanilla content then. Pistachio and cardamom uh…separately at least…are good semisweet.

5 Likes

happy-finn

1 Like

Gen Z is the most chaotic generation to have ever lived in the history of the world

…because Gen X taught them well.

1 Like