How to remove ham from your disk drive

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/17/how-to-remove-ham-from-your-di.html

8 Likes

I am pretty sure that is Canadian bacon, and not ham.

6 Likes

i should have known not to click. i should have known not to click. i should have known not to click.

10 Likes

As a one time parent of several small children, let me assure you that this is a very relevant and helpful video

7 Likes

7 Likes

Part two: How to remove the slice of cheese from your disk drive

9 Likes

When quizzed by the repair shop guy, three-year-old me admitted to feeding the cassette player peanut butter because it looked hungry. The Ratel kit’s best to date was managing to get two disks jammed into a slot-feeder Blu-Ray drive.

images

9 Likes

What’s a CD drive?

5 Likes

This is no s**t. Years ago when I was a maintenance tech, a guy brought in a computer and said he couldn’t get his 2.5" diskette into the drive. (Told you it was years ago. :-P) I opened the machine and found his kid had jammed the drive full of spaghetti.

7 Likes

Do you mean 3.5", or is this some tech the predates me?

I mean pre-dates.

8 Likes

WARNING! The procedure illustrated is only applicable to certain limited varieties of ham. Attempting to use it with charcuterie is hazardous and may lead to personal injuries and destruction of equipment. Salami extraction, in particular, is difficult and should be left to trained licensed professionals and is to be carried out according to federal, state and local statutes.

11 Likes

This guy’s whole feed is an amazing tribute to absurdity.

4 Likes

“WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO MEEEE?”

-Andy Bernard

3 Likes

Internet ham?

12 Likes

My Dad’s Marantz tape deck was hungry, so I “fed” it part of my grilled cheese sandwich. I kept slamming the door on it like a mouth.

3 Likes

You need something big and bad to blow it out

1 Like

I had this happen on multiple occasions…some by kids, some by overzealous adults

Latest was a trio of kids who managed to get 2 disks into the Wii…I caught them trying to stuff a 3rd in there…

2 Likes

This method doesn’t work with this kind of ham. Anyway the really particular IC into your disk drive is already desoldered and put in some othe weird circuit.

1 Like

You bet me to it.

1 Like

I do love how all of us here are hamming it up.

1 Like