How to stop an attack of killer tomatoes

Originally published at: How to stop an attack of killer tomatoes | Boing Boing

4 Likes

The cartoon was pretty terribad as well

5 Likes

FormalAromaticAmericancrocodile-size_restricted

7 Likes
6 Likes

Wow, I had forgotten that existed or that I had watched it.
Now I have to start forgetting all over again.

3 Likes

There was a Nintendo game too!

8 Likes

The last bones of “San Diego Stadium” are being carted away as I type. It is weird to have such a large part of my daily landscape disappear utterly.

Edit: Cliché cleanup.

2 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsxwwhJ6GrY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txfdGlxEsG8

2 Likes

Found at a local flea market years ago, and lives on my bedroom wall. Loved this movie since I was a kid!

5 Likes

“Attack of the Killer Tomatoes” was a double feature with “Cars That Eat People” at the State Theater when I was at the University of Delaware.

I never went to this double feature - I was more of a “Rocky Horror” kinda student.

4 Likes

How Bout Both GIF by Joey Bada$$

I love Rocky Horror AND low budget, schlocky horror films!

15 Likes

Ah, Puberty Love.

sung by future soundgarden and pearl jam drummer matt cameron

4 Likes

There’s also the movie’s memorable theme song:

3 Likes

That final scene of the boss tomato wearing earmuffs haunts me to this day.

4 Likes

I love MST3K and comedy, but for some reason I couldn’t make it through this film. At least now I know how they stopped the tomatoes.

3 Likes

I loved it when I was under ten. Saw it again in my teens and wondered what I was thinking. Still like the songs though.

4 Likes

I saw the movie when I was pretty young, pre-teen maybe, so it’s pretty much impossible for me to look at it objectively. Yeah, a few of the jokes are cringe-worthy now, but I still enjoy it for the dumb-fun, joke-a-minute (non-)guilty pleasure it is.

4 Likes

Great stuff

There was also another game, so loosely based on the film that I struggle to see any connection between the two.

4 Likes

Isometric platformers, tho… a staple of the Spectrum that is long overdue for a renaissance!