How to tell when someone is lying

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/18/how-to-tell-when-someone-is-ly.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH Uncle Sam wonders what it means when he keeps catching his wife in increasingly revealing lies.

12 Likes

Nailed it again.

10 Likes

I never realized that lady-Trump would be so… hawt!

5 Likes

48 Likes

Q: How can you tell when Trump is lying?

A: His lips are moving.

Oldie goldie :smiley:

20 Likes

OMG.

When you put it like that, wow.

1 Like

I think Sam is going to be quite shocked when Vlad releases PPtape on pay-per-view.

“It’s a deep fake honey”

“I can see your birthmark!”

“uh… Deep State?”

“the CIA and FBI have pictures and audio recordings of you and Vlad in flagrante delicto”

“must be some other 400 lb guy?”

“the close-ups show your dental fillings!”

“don’t you love me?”

2 Likes

From a Richard Pryor routine, wherein he is caught cheating on his wife, and his response:

"Who are you gonna believe? Me… or your lying eyes?

12 Likes

“I never realized that lady-Trump would be so… hawt!”

Now waiting on when T gets… cawt!

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Boy, isn’t that a perfect picture of how our so-called journalists and media treat trump? How can anyone not read this comic and see how it perfeclty reflects real life. Amazing anybody at all can not see past trump’s BS and TREASON.

2 Likes

I still think Tom’s Dancing Bug trump looks like Jerry Seinfeld’s father, in drag or not.

2 Likes

That’s not his “lips”…

Is your first name Vlad?

1 Like

nice.

2 Likes

…and I thought I has weird issues :wink:

1 Like

I enjoyed the comic, but no, I have to respectfully disagree.

How our media treats Trump is to focus all attention on the least important aspects of his behavior and character, so that the public remain ill informed as to the actual policies his presidency is enacting and enabling. The so-called “liberal” media’s bias towards divisive, snottily superficial coverage helped elect Donald Trump and continues to help move his agenda forward.

For every article about the upcoming farm bill*, I see ten that mostly talk about his orange skin (of course, he dialed back the fake tan mid-campaign, and hasn’t been exceptionally orange for over a year) or his small hands (they aren’t) or some not very clever sexual innuendo involving Putin. There’s no bread in this circus, Joe Average is watching bad performance art while the bakeries are being burnt to the ground.

* the farm bill gives us land grant colleges, food for the poor, nutrition for the elderly and schoolchildren, conservation of natural lands, incentives for reduction of air and water pollution, investment in renewable energy sources, and many other important social programs that are vastly more significant than anything that Trump coke-tweeted at 4am.

6 Likes

2 Likes

I tend to agree. The media repeats the same stories over and over, every day. They could spend a little more time on other things that are also (if not “more”) important.

2 Likes

I dunno. Didn’t you find Donnie’s real-life assurance that Vlad also said there was no collusion to be convincing? If you can’t believe the two people accused of colluding that they didn’t collude, who can you believe? Actually, I guess just one of the two people - because we only had Trump’s word that Putin said that. But anyways, so convincing!

1 Like

Drag trump does not disappoint.