How to walk in high heels

4:24.

I guess you were watching for some other reason, and finished in less than 4 1/2 minutes.

3 Likes

How do you walk in high heels?

Like a boss.

17 Likes

Gigsville at BRC used to host a Drag Race of mostly straight not so sober men willing to race each other in high heels and dresses. Took about zero seconds for all participants to realize people that wear high heels daily make it look way too easy.

6 Likes

and @Stickarm too…

Thank you. I really did miss that because a few minutes in it was so boring that I started to FF and stop it only every half-minute or so. Somehow that 15-second walk snuck by me!

So, I shall rephrase: A 9 1/2 minute video in which she stands up and walks a couple of steps forward and back for a grand total of about 15 seconds before sitting back down is not really a how-to video.

:wink:

8 Likes

Court pumps would usually be “kitten heels” by the standards of the video, and not qualify. But I disagree - “high heels” do not all need to start at 3-4"

4 Likes

Okay thoughts: - I watched the whole thing and wondered why I was watching it.

• I understand that that’s the way she makes her living and that some of it is probably just her stage persona, but -man- I don’t think I would get along with her well. She seems like such a try-hard.
  • I wonder if I would wear heels if I were a woman. I probably would. But really, how can one say as gender is such an axiom in what we perceive of ourselves.
  • ‘Kitten heels’ sounds cute, but of course, everything is better with kittens.
  • When she said ‘stilettos’ I thought ‘Oh right, that’s called a stiletto, too.’
  • I’m worried and also a little excited that youtube will now recommend me more of her content.
5 Likes

I don’t, but I don’t have a job that forces me to wear them

9 Likes

Those aren’t high heels. Basically training wheels for actual painful, unnecessary high heels. (Stilettos- look in’ at you sideways.)

As an aside, with all that floof in the midsection, it may well be the artists’ legs poking out the bottom of the king here. Painter needs to make money and keep their noggin, yeah?

3 Likes
  • Me too.
  • I’d stop at wedges. They can give the exact same arch shape/effect, but at least have a solid base. And if you want more height, just go for goth platform wedges.

One thing that seems to be completely missing, from what I’ve heard women say, is that the shape of the heel (curved or slanted vs a sharp 90° right angle) makes a huge difference, especially on the bottom back edge. A straight right angle with hard edges is, from what I understand, quite common but far worse than a slanted or curved edge. But that’s not from personal experience, so I’ll leave it to someone with experience to confirm or deny that.

is that what the next video will cover?

1 Like

Those are the Sun King’s heels. They are whatever he says they are, or off with your head!

But of course he said they were flats, and that he was exceptionally tall. The man set fashion for the present day - men’s neckties exist mostly because Louis had an unsightly goiter on his neck.

Exactly. You can’t really know if there’s any relationship to reality in the whole painting. I wouldn’t be surprised if the heels shown are significantly lower than the real things were, though - I imagine the point of the heels was partly to make his butt and calves look sexy to the ladies, but they were definitely intended to make him appear taller than his courtiers, which effect is spoiled if his portrait shows 9" heels! Louis was 5’4" but with his heels and wig on he was the size of Peter the Great - nearly seven feet tall.

4 Likes

What a fascinating topic. Now, as I’ve said, it’s folly to consider what I would do if I were a completely different person, but yet I really want to say: 'No, not me, I’d go all out on the heels. And while I’d be at it, I’d hone my femininity to nasty-sharp edge. I’d want to be a bombshell.

Now why do I feel so hell-bend on making this point? Is it jealousy, because I am not a male bombshell and even if I were it would be -as as a man- much more inconsequential? Really, maybe it’s spite over having been on the receiving end of manipulatively used weapons-grade femininity.

Maybe I’m jealous that there is no male counterpart for the sexual fascination of high heels.
Maybe heels are just sexually fascinating, and that’s the only thing giving wings to this conversation.

[sigh] Anyway, oh, sex driven hominid brain (of mine) don’t you have anything else to do?

1 Like

Men can wear them too, ya know. Why not give them a try?!

7 Likes

Yes, sure, but it wouldn’t be the same. People would just think I’m weird, and not at all that I’m foxy, and a sexy beast.
(And I don’t want everyone to know that I’m a weirdo, got to keep some privacy, ne?)

6 posts were split to a new topic: “Weapons-grade femininity”

she had a teletype? i think i missed that.

5 Likes

She’s an amateur.
How to walk in high heels by marence

1. Start by standing on your tiptoes from age 3 or so whenever you dance. Dance a lot. Have lots of Barbies* and think high heels are the norm for women in fashion.
  2. Grow to have ginormous feet and long muscular legs, so a 3 inch heel looks like a kitten heel does on a size 6 foot. Dance in high heels a lot.
  3. Find that dancing in high heels brings more compliments than the sum of all other attributes. Do it even more.
  4. Develop terrible terrible osteoarthritis & loss of cartilage in the knees. Stop wearing heels because of pain.**
  5. Find yourself unable to dance with flats, and go back to dancing barefoot and on tiptoe, like a child.
  • Barbie was a fashion doll.
    **and doctors explaining how stupid I was to wear 3-6" heels for work and on the weekends too, and what damage it did.
14 Likes

How to walk in high heels? Don’t. Value your comfort and safety over hyper-sexualised, over-marketed foot torture in the name of fashion.

11 Likes

Seriously.

7 Likes

oh gurl I need those

I just bought these as I am told they are the holy grail of ballet flats. We’ll see; that’s not a shoe type that generally works for me.

10 Likes