"Human Organ for Transplant" lunchbox

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/16/human-organ-for-transplant.html

10 Likes

No. Just no. I really don’t want my lunch accidentally being transplanted into someone as I accidentally take the wrong luchbox from the break room at the hospital. (I know, I know, I’m not supposed to be in the break room at the hospital, and neither is a transplant cooler…but according to movies, these things happen all the time…)

5 Likes

I don’t know why but this reminds me of this news story:

my point is…i guess, i can see this going wrong somehow.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Is this going to wind up like the story of the fake Medic Alert bracelets that say “clear my browser cache”, that we later hear are causing problems when the funny people have real emergencies?

4 Likes

Perfect lunch tote for your friendly, local Organ Dealer:

2 Likes

“The good news is that the transplant surgery was a success. The bad news is that the organ that your body is not rejecting is a ham sandwich. Also, Marty the janitor is suing the hospital and wants his lunch back.”

8 Likes

I expect a higher level of trolling from Rob. I hope you’re feeling well.

6 Likes

Cut a hole into one end and give it to Brett Kavanaugh. Boy, could he prank RBG but good in the SPJ cafeteria. “C’mon open it. Just open it. You’ll see.”

2 Likes

That got my foot tapping. Thanks!

2 Likes

Go buy their EPs! Support indie music!

3 Likes
4 Likes

When I was waiting inside a hospital entrance a few weeks ago, someone walked in with a small cooler. Since they had some sort of uniform I assumed it was a transplant. But I didn’t notice markings on the cooler.

In “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” the reverse happens. The main character wants to go somewhere, so he grabs someone’s cooler with their lunch, and pretends there’s an organ inside.

Be sure to sign up for organ donation. If you’re dead it won’t matter to you, but it could help multiple people waiting sometimes too long for a replacement.

8 Likes

Will do! Sounds like good driving music.[/derail]

2 Likes

My wife has this. She had one very indignant mother come up to her once and tell her how insensitive that lunchbox is to people who are waiting for organs.

2 Likes

convincing enough to scandalize boomers

A few days ago it was “boomer brainrot.” How about we don’t marginalize anybody? I like to think of boingers as above that sort of thing.

1 Like

I work in healthcare software, have this lunch cooler, and have been using it for years. Aside from being a sturdy and effective lunch tote, it results in frequent incredulous questions in the elevator from other passengers who aren’t entirely certain it’s a joke. My coworkers love it.

It also dissuades people from breaking into my car because what kind of horrible person steals transplant organs?

2 Likes

I have this. I like to carry my “People To Kill” notebook in it

1 Like

Criminals?

4 Likes

A peckish Dr Lecter?

2 Likes