Hurry and get your "2nd Trump Inauguration" tickets, with Ted Nugent and Kid Rock headlining!

Like a lottery, this is a “stupid-tax.”

3 Likes

Yeah, I am not super keen on that either. Though I get the point that old school power being entrenched in the system and thus it is difficult to change is an issue.

Honestly TERM LIMITS would help reduce 70-80 year olds who have been in office for far too long (Pelosi, McConnell, et al.)

I mean there are so many thinks fucked up with how legislators get elected, it is nuts. They spend sooo much time raising money just so they can stay in office, vs, you know, legislating.

9 Likes

Someone like Marge Taylor Greene, on the other hand, will take any grift within her grasp.

5 Likes

It is not like I will be selling VIP tickets that let you walk right in to the capitol for a “tour” when the “inauguration” reaches its climax.

4 Likes

Also want to point out - that is some shit job photoshop there.

8 Likes

Trust the scam.

5 Likes

The other issue - the low pay might make politicians more vulnerable to bribes, if they aren’t already financially independent.

As I understand it, the biggest road block to getting government clearance (for working for the TLA’s) is financial issues. Mainly debt.

5 Likes

yeah. I see the point in removing entrenched politicians, but setting a blanket age limit is definitely the wrong way to do it. And I agree with you that fundraising and “money in politics” really the biggest problem. We should probably do away with corporate donations and give everyone “equal money” to campaign with.l before we wrestle with some of the other details like how much someone gets paid.

Do away with fundraising and then they can run on their own merits and their policies and actually focus on legislation.

1 Like

Excellent! That’s our 40th wedding anniversary - now I don’t have to figure out where to take my wife!

4 Likes

Fleecing the reprehensible has no downside as far as I’m concerned.

3 Likes

The trump “presidency”; the grift that keeps on grifting!

3 Likes

In South Korea the president can only serve one five year term. This was introduced as a reaction to decades of dictatorship (Park Chung-hee, followed by Chun Doo-hwan), but it causes problems.

First, South Korea should do away with the single-term limit. There is widespread recognition in Seoul that five years is too short, especially when considering that, in practice, ROK presidents can effectively govern for only four of those years before they get lame-ducked and attention shifts to who will succeed them. That’s bad for policy continuity in any sphere, not just in [relations with] North Korea.

The solution is simple: Allow two terms, if voters so choose. If ten years is too long, then cut each term to four years, as in the U.S. This would also align ROK presidential elections with those for the National Assembly. While South Korea’s framers deliberately put these on separate five- and four-year cycles to balance power, that hasn’t worked well. Intended to balance power between the executive and legislature, it has more often produced gridlock.

2 Likes

Yeah it would be great if it were going to mutual aid or something but I’m sure some dude is just trying to get a yacht.

1 Like

The real money is in selling inauguration backstage passes.

5 Likes

Perhaps the part I like about this the most is the high price-- “that’s how you know it’s real, if it were only $30 you’d know it was some kind of scam!”

7 Likes

Yeah Snopes has already pointed out there’s no evidence people have been selling physical tickets as shown here, though it’s possible some people are trying similar scams.

9 Likes

Great, so I can still get in on the scam!

5 Likes

I think the one downside is that the scam victims will not get angry at the true villains and crooks.

Somehow this will wind up being Biden’s fault.

3 Likes

I think the dates might be wrong, though? Wasn’t it August 6th?

Anyway, we know from Sidney Powell, that it is happening:

"A new inauguration date is set, and Biden is told to move out of the White House, and President Trump should be moved back in," Powell explained. "I'm sure there's not going to be credit for time lost, unfortunately, because the Constitution itself sets the date for inauguration, but he should definitely get the remainder of his term and make the best of it."

It’s funny how punctilious she is about how the Constitution’s not going to give Trump back the “lost time”, but nevertheless thinks her Fantasy Constitution is going to give back the Presidency to Trump.

8 Likes

It’s useless without clamping down on external donations/bribes, but it would be effective.

Some details for the UK
UK PM salary = £161,866
UK PM’s view on a £250k salary - “chickenfeed

£161k is A LOT of money, especially when all living costs are effectively paid for via expenses.

If you clamp down on the donations and bribery, the truly greedy will go elsewhere leaving less greedy people to take the positions…

The job is already extremely well paid, a greater salary won’t improve things.

1 Like