I finally found a deodorant that doesn't give me a rash (but it costs $20)

A vanilla T-bone?

2 Likes

Cool, then I take it back, and Welcome to BoingBoing! Thanks for your input.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had great luck with the Dermalogica ā€˜Environmental Control Deodorantā€™ (what a name, though!) for a couple years. It is about the same price as the Menscience and other premium brands.

I like the frangrance --very hard to put a finger on how Iā€™d describe it, but not too heavy. Tends to last through the day with no trouble.

Really!? Dude asks for help finding a product. He states specifically that heā€™s looking for items based on price. I provide a link to a product with a price ā€¦ and my post is marked as spam. Itā€™s not like I included an affiliate link or anything.

4 Likes

I can post a picture of my armpits if you like? But anyway, this is a post asking for product recommendations. It got a bunch of product recommendations :smile:

3 Likes

Sorry, it seems Iā€™ve made a mess.

Anyone else I got wrong?

1 Like

My earlier account had laxed so had to resign up - my login was still available though which was nice - figured Iā€™d help a fellow armpit rash sufferer so they didnā€™t have to buy a bunch of types to try em and throw them away.

1 Like

Not a spammer, I just lost my old account and the ā€œSign in with Googleā€ button was easier than resetting my account. I have no relationship of any kind with Herban Cowboy. I just like their stuff.

1 Like

I think you got all of them wrong. Chill on the flagging in a product rec thread, ppl are gonna post links and shill for their favorite brands.

3 Likes

what good would a link to amazon be for a spammer? if you look, youā€™ll see there is no affiliate code or anything like that in mine. just wanted to link to a product that works for me.

1 Like

A smoked, oaky vanilla tbone. With hints of cedar and blue cheese butter.

I smell good enough to eat.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not spam, yo. The fact that I say what the Lush stuff is made of
should be a hint.

1 Like

Why donā€™t you try AOBiome to use good bacteriato eiminate odor?

An old Brazilian home remedy is to use Milk of Magnesia as a deodorant. It goes on a bit wet but seems to do the trick. It appears to be especially good for people with sensitive skin. Full disclosure, the company I work with is making an unscented milk of magnesia (MoM) based roll on. To avoid any perceived financial conflicts of interest with the comment policy Iā€™m refraining from posting the link.

Go to the drugstore and get a bottle of some milk of magnesia and some cotton balls and try it out. If you like it but want to try the roll on, you can probably find us without too much trouble.

Plain alcohol (either vodka or rubbing alcohol), vinegar, and lemon or lime juice are all also old-school deodorant home remedies, but I think they might be too irritating for someone with sensitive skin. Iā€™d stay away from the baking soda based ingredients as those can be irritating to some also.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Primal Pit Paste is a brand I have used, and then my wife started making a similar blend at home. It works for smelliness and for a long time. And itā€™s not that expensive.

Hello, fact check? The brand I mentioned is the one in the original post. Srsly you guys know how to welcome a newbie.

4 Likes

Yep, welcome!

and sorry

First off, the fears about Al in deodorants is bunkum, evidence-wise. Second, itā€™s a zeolite, which is essentially tiny rocks with many, many micropores that act as ion channels and absorb various ions and impurities. Itā€™s a very different idea and mechanism than aluminum chloride, which is absorbed into cells.

1 Like

Silicaā€™s super inert, the aluminumā€™s not coming dissociated with that even for most cosmic rays. Aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex gly? ā€¦well nuts, Journal of Alzheimerā€™s Disease (IOS Journals) next time I see it, sorry.
edit: It looks like a body can be put out of the mood of eliminating the anion and end up with 4 micrograms instead of under .4 per mole (not liter, oops,) which feels awful and I guess is our hint to start partnering with bacteria perfumers and collect clove ash until Amazon 'copters in. There was a conference in 2014! See the references in the headliner Have infographics (pdf.)

Zeolites are really crazy-robust minerals, wont without selection (or with some redox exposure, even then) to casually vary from closer to asbestos to nano or microstructured mineral aerogel to overly regular granite (parquet!) Just look at what trouble anatase is to make, though thatā€™s TiO2 http://www.nims.go.jp/eng/news/press/2015/09/201509110.html

1 Like

For pits, an occasional Hibiclens wash when the need arises, and, in between, very generously applied Crystal (or other) brand mineral salt body deodorant works wonders for us. The salt products are cheap and last a long time.