I finally found an anti-fog product for my swim goggles that actually works

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/09/i-can-see-clearly-now.html

1 Like

Spit always worked for me, when I was diving.

11 Likes

I de-fogged my goggles yesterday, using $OTHER_PRODUCT$. Today, my goggles stayed clear for about a quarter-mile before fogging over completely.

Your find couldn’t be more timely. Thank you, Cory.

2 Likes

I’ve been using the always-in-stock saliva solution for years, and it works… however, I just switched to a bead of baby shampoo, applied the same way, and it’s even better… lasts at least an hour, and it costs a buck at the dollar store for a year’s supply.

6 Likes

If your own spit does not work, there is something terribly wrong with you.
See an endocrinologist ASAP.

5 Likes

50% glycerin, 50% baby shampoo worked for me for thirty years of diving. My dive mates liked it also. It’s cheap and lasts a long time. I think the glycerin makes it less inclined to wash out when clearing a mask. A couple of drops on each side will do the job.

3 Likes

As it happens, I had a recent endocrynological panel for unrelated reasons and am perfectly fine; however, my spit does not work as an effective antifog, nor has it ever done so, in 30 years of diving and 40+ years of swimming.

2 Likes

Perhaps not viscous enough?

1 Like

Perhaps

3 Likes

You given me an idea for plastic snakeheads that can be snapped on to a car’s windshield washer nozzles!

6 Likes

I wonder why nobody ever though of customized washer nozzles?

Perhaps there are DMV codes out there prohibiting such things? Gotta check now!

…….Nothing popped up. Used “character head” “character face” and “novelty” in my search. Nothing. We’re in uncharted waters here.

2 Likes

Spit as Anti-fog is the deciding factor for Human or Mutant.
Congrats!

1 Like

Skull washer nozzles with LED eyes don’t count?

s-l1600

2 Likes

Oooh all the accidents that must cause from the distraction!
Cool!

The skull washer nozzle fits right on to the top of the bottle of anti-fog gel.
That’s bad-ass. A snake head would be better though.

3 Likes

This is a boon to anyone who does paintball or airsoft,
as well as safety glasses at work

1 Like

McNett Sea Gold is good. 500 PSI is better. Innovative Scuba makes it.

I swim a mile four times a week with Quick Spit, silicon ear plugs, a good pair of goggles and a chlorine resistant suit.

same. came here to say that. what’s wrong w/ your spit @doctorow ? If you skip your brocoli your pH balance might be off.