I found a locked safe hidden at the back of a closet in my new house

haven’t given up, just busy

11 Likes

I am glad this is your safe and not mine. If it were mine getting into that thing would consume me. I’d be like Dryfus in Close Encounters was with that tower.

5 Likes

I think i might be the same. I don’t always latch onto everything, but if i had a safe at home i knew i had a decent chance of being able to open i’d obsess about it.

@beschizza We believe in you!

9 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of the derelict command module in the “Dragon’s Domain” episode of Space: 1999.

(That episode gave me nightmares for years.)

4 Likes

You’re a right bastard for leaving us hanging man…

11 Likes

BBS be all like:

30 Likes

For whatever reason youtube served the video below to me as a recommendation and made me think of @beschizza 's safe… any progress?

Cracking a Safe With an Elephant Gun

1 Like

I will report back soon, promise. We’re at the stage where I need to physically remove the safe from the wall.

27 Likes

And how’s that coming along? Of course if there was actual progress I know you’d update us (unless you’d scarpered off to some sunny foreign tax haven with your aluminum briefcase handcuffed to your wrist), so just think of this as your weekly reminder that that safe ain’t gonna open itself, and ain’t none of us getting any younger…

18 Likes

Would sand be better than water?

1 Like

dave_b
May 8
Would sand be better than water?

Sand might be a better index match but would bring it’s own problems…

• it is not uniform like a fluid so short wavelengths would scatter off the particles
  • it does not flow so it might leave gaps
  • it would probably jam the lock.

Fill it with water. Then freeze it. That might work. The ice would set from the
outside in, so it would fill the gaps. Then it would force the door. But that
would take some time. Set your plot over winter in Alaska and it might work.

Cheers
Richard Kirk

3 Likes

A sheaf of Amazon gift cards expiring May 16th 2016.

19 Likes

You’re killing me Smalls

10 Likes

21 Likes

13 Likes

15 Likes

13 Likes

12 Likes

8 Likes
17 Likes