I found a locked safe hidden at the back of a closet in my new house

One of my favorite Disney films as a kid.

13 Likes

Lars von Trier really likes to plunge his hand deep into your chest cavity and play with your heartstrings.

7 Likes

True of Dancer in the Dark.

Antichrist didnā€™t play with my heart strings, though, it just was gross and pissed me off with itā€™s misogynistic overtones. I think he changed the plot and tone of that film, because someone leaked the plot and so he changed it to be as offensive as it was.

4 Likes

The last film I saw of his was Melancholia, which wasnā€™t very good.

2 Likes

Have not seen it yet, but I canā€™t imagine itā€™s worse than Antichrist. Did I mention I really hate that movieā€¦? :wink:

7 Likes

21 Likes

Am I the only one who likes to get drunk and do my own MST3K version of Schindlerā€™s List?

7 Likes

Some critics say that itā€™s not misogynistic. Some critics say that itā€™s a beautiful film. Some say itā€™s a sensitive portrayal of depression. But I couldnā€™t put my scientific mind away long enough to ignore the implausibility of the setting-- (A very large mass will crash into the earth, soon, and it will all be over.)

2 Likes

Darn: the coupon has already expired. Oh, well. :wink:

6 Likes

livestream or it didnā€™t happen :wink:

12 Likes

That movie for me was Man Bites Dog. It was apparently supposed to be wry media commentary, but itā€™s just abysmally sadistic way beyond whatā€™s necessary to make a point and has zero other redeeming qualities. I would honestly recommend that nobody, ever, see this movie.

5 Likes

I had a nightmare about Melancholia after just seeing the trailer. Soooo probably wonā€™t see the movie.

3 Likes

13 Likes

I was talking about Antichrist as being misogynistic. I vaguely remember the talk around Melancholia when it came out, though. Iā€™ll get around to it one day, I guess!

2 Likes

Glad I never saw it thenā€¦ though Iā€™d heard good things about it.

Just what did you agree to do to get him to open the safe? (Not that Iā€™m suggesting you should stop.)

6 Likes

Boing Boing Store coupons.

8 Likes

I liked it a lot, although itā€™s been more than 20 years since I last saw it, I might think differently of it now.

1 Like

I usually do a Rifftrax of The Unbearable Lightness of Being.

4 Likes

Too late.
Seriously, most films somebody hates were part of required viewing (or at least a portion for class discussion) in my Film and Media Studies courses.
Of course, MBD was part of our section on documentary.

5 Likes