I found a locked safe hidden at the back of a closet in my new house

Way too obvious.
And far too many lawyers involved. Lawyers always flip.

1 Like

An abandoned amusement park? Nice.

1 Like

Not if theyā€™re at the bottom of the quicklime pits.

1 Like

If you kill that many lawyers youā€™ll attract undue attention.
Sure, mostly from people who want to thank you, but itā€™s bad opsec all the same.

2 Likes

I just realized something.

@beschizzaā€™s safe was opened in late January 2017
Donald Trump was inaugurated in late January 2017

We need to go back.

10 Likes

FloodgatesPandorasboxCanofworms_t670_t658

10 Likes

6 Likes

Weā€™ve been getting this at Costco:

2 Likes

O man they have that at Costco?

Iā€™ve been getting it on Amazon. The tonkotsu flavor is awesome.

3 Likes

How does it compare to, say, Shin Ramyun?

To be sure: my parents got a box on our recommendation and immediately gave it to us. ā€œIt tastes great, but after opening the flavor packet Iā€™ve had the smell of stepped-in dogshit in my nose all day.ā€

And Iā€™ll confess that Iā€™ve woken from an afternoon nap and run through the house in a panic, convinced that there is a major electrical fire, only to find my wife in front of the TV calmly enjoying a bowl.

My personal beef with them is a package meal that somehow uses half the pots and pans in my kitchenā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s a little higher quality, similar to the shin black. Broth is almost like real soup, geletin body and fat.

But shin is Korean spicy seafood ramyun.

The Nissin Roah is regular Japanese ramen flavors. So non spicy shoyu, tonkotsu, and miso flavors. And thereā€™s less junk in it in terms of freeze dried veg, meat bits, and fish cake. Since the Japanese seem to roll with the idea of adding fresh ingredients to instant ramen rather than it being an instant meal.

You own two pots? I donā€™t see that being an issue. The instructions are literally to boil the noodles for a few minutes in a measure of water. Put the packets in a bowl. And stir as you pour the water and noodles into the bowl. Thereā€™s only a single pot, and whatever youā€™re eating it out of involved. And a fork or chop sticks.

Personally Iā€™m not a miso fan so Iā€™ll be hoping Costco carries other flavors.

4 Likes

6 Likes

I was at Costco a few days ago and, intrigued by this part of the thread, went to track down the Nissin Raoh. The only flavor they had was Tonkotsu. Maybe worth another look in your area?

Also, the price wasā€¦ not cheap. $11 for 8. Thatā€™s like, gas station ramen heist prices there.

Thatā€™s super reasonable to me if its good ramen, and the really nice ones tend to be more pricey but its not something iā€™d normally buy unless iā€™m in the mood to try something different. A good alternative is to go to an Asian market/grocery store. They have great ramen, iā€™m a big fan of Korean brands.

2 Likes

Oh, donā€™t get me wrong ā€“ I bought it. But at Shin Ramyun prices itā€™d better be Shin Ramyun good, is what Iā€™m saying. Iā€™ll report back once Iā€™ve had a chance to try itā€¦

Incidentally, at my local Asian megagrocery, anything beyond Top Ramen seems to start at $1.00. (Iā€™m not sure if this has to do with this part of the country being kinda pricey grocery-wise to begin with.) That said, theyā€™ve got a great selection that borders on overwhelming. If anyone has pointers for particular brands to look out for, Iā€™m all ears.

index

Paywalled-ed!!!

Itā€™s not top ramen. This is stuff that sells for $4 bucks a packet and itā€™s worth the price.

Thereā€™s a whole class of better instant soup out there and itā€™s not 10 for a dollar.