I found a locked safe hidden at the back of a closet in my new house

13 Likes

I feel like i’ve almost accomplished something :smiley: Just like Rob.

9 Likes

Rob will get the safe open eventually. Ulysses.

(it might take him 10 years, though)

Hmmm

21 Likes

So you went on a failed odyssey to find a odyssey joke.

5 Likes

Yes, i spent what felt like 10 years on it

9 Likes

I think they passed a resolution to send a sternly worded letter to the safe, writing of which is to be assigned to a sub-committee which meets every other month.

10 Likes

Theres also the subcommitee reviewing the recomendation to change the colour of the envelope.

They kept it white.

14 Likes

#MAGA

18 Likes

11 Likes

Was actually looking for what was being demoed in the mythbusters gif, but that is a fun one too.

Odyssey content - started watching O Brother Where Art Thou with the family last night.

5 Likes

Whoa, it’s been a long time since I thought about that. When I was a teenager in the 90s, I dated the guy who was one of the voice actors (he played Jimmy Barclay), and I tagged along to a recording session once. I got to meet Pamela Hayden, which I thought was the absolutely coolest thing ever. Actually, it still kind of is.

2 Likes

I think that’s this one.

6 Likes

Schrödinger says he could be both dead and alive as long as @beschizza never opens the safe.

10 Likes

Too soon. Not safe enough.

8 Likes

Beschizza’s Safe

6 Likes

Oh my god, the thread is looping.

9 Likes

It’s only a matter of time before Bruce Willis shoots us all in the head.

14 Likes

Oh. They were demonstrating what happens when the safety valves fail on a water heater in the basement of a 2-story house built to California code (sans walls).

I think the destruction would be about equal if it were a real house, since the water heaters are more like rockets (or maybe bullets, since the motive force is so short-lived, but powerful
 Mortars?) than bombs. If they built walls around the “basement” on this structure, they’d probably get blown out too though, causing the entire structure to collapse.

3 Likes

The paradox is multidimensional in that it is unknowable whether the Beschizza’s Safe paradox applies only because it was observed.

22 Likes

maybe the safe is open when no conscious observer is around. did you try combinations only when sober?

17 Likes