I found "The Mandalorian" season 2.5's Boba Fett sub-plot distracting but Cad Bane was worth it

Re: The Mods.

I don’t mind them. I mean, I am not a huge fan or anything, but they make sense to me.

You have a group of disaffected young people growing up on a back water planet, if they are going to rebel then they are going to be counter to everything else around. It would be like punk or goth or metal heads growing up in suburbia. If everything around you is drab and covered in grit, it makes sense that rebellion would look slick and shiny. Is this borrowed from Real World fashion? Yes, but so has a lot of past Star Wars costumes. It is pulling from various influences.

I didn’t find the Mod characters very relatable or endearing, nor did they really add much to the plot, beside and air of “we grew up here an are going to defend our town”, but perhaps they will be in time.

Also, it is a fair point that this was sorta a Mandalorian Season 2.5. Honestly, I would be 100% ok with an anthology format show that maybe have 2 or 3 episodes per arc, but bounces around on who the focus is. You don’t NEED a show that is 100% centric on one character. Tell the story about so-and-so and then move on to the next. You can even have one off shows with background characters. Follow Max Rebo around for a few days!

3 Likes

The next prequel can explain how Danny Trejo had the rancor waiting in reserve just outside of Mos Espa. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

I kind of wish Trejo came back for that last episode just to pat the beast and say “That’ll do, Rancor. That’ll do.”

7 Likes

The mods did not seem to do much with their modifications.

2 Likes

that's how you do it danny trejo GIF by Magic: The Gathering

7 Likes

the weird thing is it costs money and time to do that. there aren’t malls or office buildings. there are barely resources, and not long ago a whole class of enslaved people

it doesn’t make practical sense unless the mods are the children of some sort of tatooine oligarchy, and we aren’t shown or told that’s even a thing

realistically speaking, some writer had an idea in their head that was cool: humans adopting droid tech, and either they didn’t know how to write it or rodriguez didn’t know how to show it

and so we get what we get

1 Like

I do hope he makes some future appearances.

1 Like

That it doesn’t make practical sense is, typically, the point of such a style, and the lack of resources is not necessarily an impediment.

8 Likes

It’s not like it’s unheard of to see people from less affluent neighborhoods driving custom Caddies with chrome trim and spinning rims. Sometimes a person who doesn’t have a lot of wealth and privilege will put whatever disposable time and income they do have into a form of self expression that earns them the respect and admiration of their peers.

4 Likes

Good point and example!

1 Like

Where are those Freetown people? We need them to back us up against hundreds of prawnheads!

8 people show up

Hurray! We’re saved!

2 Likes

Shand: No way they’ll be able to overwhelm our security at the cliff lookout. We left two pig-men armed with short bladed weapons.

Skeptic: What if the other side has someone with a gun? Or a long pointy stick?

Shand: I’m almost sure they won’t.

Skeptic: Then what if they have three or more people and just push the pig-men off the cliff or something?

Shand: Hey! Who is the strategic genius here, you or me?

8 Likes

Shand: Pointed stick? Fresh fruit not good enough for you, eh? Well let me tell you something, my lad, when you’re defending yourself against an galaxy-wide crime gang, and some great homicidal maniac comes after you with a bunch of loganberries, don’t come crying to me!

6 Likes

true, and i like that. i guess it’s just amazing to me the amount of out of show processing necessary to justify in show decisions. tell it in the show, make a good story out of it, otherwise leave it out.

it’s just bad production if they can’t adequately convey their own concepts

( compare to sense8 where with just a few short scenes they introduced nairobi bus culture. it made sense there was a van damme bus, and everyone watching knew why )

2 Likes

My only technical gripe about the show is how nobody dresses for the weather on Tatooine. Consider bright, reflective colors and/or whites made of a light material the way we use linen, folks! Are you trying to dehydrate faster?

4 Likes

Of all the deaths in the show, the two pig men made me go, “Nooo…!” We didn’t see them land, though. Maybe they fell to safety.

Pigs can’t fly :cry:

5 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like

Look kinda bouncy tho.

Could be fine.