I hope the 'A Christmas Story' sequel works out

I call that Pernicious Cyclical Amnesia

That’s great!

2 Likes

PBS did 2 more stories by the same author and narrated by him, (the same narrator from the movie) Jean Sheppard. There was also A Christmas Story 2 in 2012.

The fist two videos are from the same writer, the last video is a different writer and narrator.

I’ve never seen all three films in their entirety only bits and pieces flipping through channels. All three are available to stream, I think I’ll have a marathon if we get crappy weather this weekend.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen this film—if I watch it now, will it make me nostalgic about anything?

1 Like

My personal opinion is that the movie is massively overrated. You might be nostalgic for the time before you let it into your life.

3 Likes

1983, maybe? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

They already made two that bombed. My Summer Story - Wikipedia
A Christmas Story 2 - Wikipedia

We learn that as a result of receiving a Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas, Ralphie became obsessed with guns, eventually joining the Marines. In Vietnam, as a squad commander, he was accused of slaughtering an innocent village but got off under suspicious circumstances. Now, haunted by his past actions, he returns to Cleveland and confronts the cycle of violence that began with the old man’s abuse and eventual decent into crippling alcoholism.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he just went blind from soap posioning and became a phone salesman hawking Ovaltine. Scut Farkus became a GOP Senator from Indiana.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.