I just wanted to maintain my bicycle

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/04/25/i-just-wanted-to-maintain-my-b.html

3 Likes

“Want a smooth ride?” does apply either way.

21 Likes

In the Spring a young man’s fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love.

21 Likes

I used to use White Lightning, but that stuff is pretty messy. My bike mechanic recommended Tri-Flow TF21010 Superior Lubricant.

2 Likes

Those recommendations are generally based on your previous orders. Yay for big data!

After reading your post, I have this in my head:

7 Likes

Well, has anyone tried anal lube on their bike chain? I started putting Crisco on my scabs after reading an interview with a plastic surgeon; these off-label uses have to start somewhere.

9 Likes

My local hardware offered a motorcycle chain lube. Close enough?

1 Like

But does it come in drums?

12 Likes

The price is too high. You’d need a gofundme or whatever the kids call it to get that delivered to a honeymoon cottage.

4 Likes

I’m sure Chuck Tingle can easily come up with a good scenario of being pounded in the butt by one’s own bike and needing the appropriate lube. In fact imma tweet at him.

10 Likes

or just a wealthy benefactor :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Isn’t getting pounded in the butt by one’s own bike a recurring sight-gag on the Benny Hill Show?

8 Likes

I’m sure but that’s no excuse for the sheer lack of a good bike Tingler

6 Likes

I’m actually surprised that WD-40 hasn’t gotten in on the action so to speak.

3 Likes

Amazon’s search engine is really bad. Bad Amazon! Naughty!

2 Likes

I think I was looking for car parts that time it suggested nipple clamps (new ones!) and a country album.

8 Likes

I’ve never seen so many ‘naughty stores’ as I saw in Nashville.

1 Like

The course of true love never did run smooth … until now. Introducing Lube Life.

4 Likes

It could be auto-matic…
It could be hydro-matic…
Why, it could be greased lightning!

5 Likes
7 Likes