I need one of these little guys for my next pet

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/10/08/i-need-one-of-these-little-guys-for-my-next-pet.html

3 Likes

I’m gonna side with the YouTube folks calling it CGI. Not just because of its unnatural appearance but also because of the music put over top of it to enhance the mood. Decent enough video to share at work with the less than skeptical people, though.

18 Likes

Yeah, it is obviously CGI; unlike what I found around the back of my fridge.

32 Likes

Adult language warning. Unblur at your own peril if you are offended by crude language. Seriously.

It’s a mother-fuckin’ bug in the mother-fuckin’ corner. Kill the mother-fucker.

10 Likes

April 1st already?

8 Likes

34 Likes

That’s just the cocoon of the South Uruguayan Twerking Ceiling Moth.

31 Likes

Indeed! An uncommon sight at these latitudes, but human activity has pushed its range out from its original habitat

17 Likes

I’ve seen worse.

17 Likes

Sure it’s harmless…

10 Likes

The clean white corner makes me think it could be a physical gallery piece, too.

11 Likes

I believe it’s called a “David Cronenbug.”

33 Likes

tumblr_nj239fPMQs1s511rho1_500

7 Likes

It’s so cute!! Just make sure to wear some sort of mask that covers your mouth and nose, in case it’s a hugger

10 Likes

Mouth Hug? Roger That!

3 Likes

I was going to say something, but looking through the comments I’m glad to see Ripley’s been notified of the alien infestation already.

4 Likes

Ambiguous headline is ambiguous.

4 Likes

That was my initially assumption, though it’s got a rubbery quality to it that makes me think it could be practical, too. On the other hand, CGI has gotten really good at simulating rubber props, so…

5 Likes

BBF86F34-238F-4720-80AB-B84A05E80336

9 Likes

Yeah, whatever the thing is made out of, it’s quite well done. Definitely gets point for both effort and execution.

2 Likes