I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

I’;; see your yellow and blue and raise you Green and Purple

13 Likes

Do you think, talking about very esoteric ketchup recipes. That glazed unions with herbs and sugar. Let’s talk jelly, although that’s not it. Is also a ketchup? :wink:

2 Likes
  • Lightly toasted mustard seed
  • Fleur de Sel
  • Cashew
  • Lemon, lemon zest, lemon grass
  • A touch of horseradish
  • A smaller touch of ginger

You’re welcome, you have just witnessed the invention of Jeremy Sauce.

11 Likes

Yes, but maybe you forgot a bit of vinegar for the ■■■■■?

4 Likes

With three acid components I don’t know if you’d need acetic acid. But I’ll take one for the team and give it a try :smiley:

8 Likes

I’m sorry, unless really acid needed I use Apple vinegar. Combined with a tiny tiny bit of sugar. So, you are right. Offcource, with lemon juice you wouldn’t need that.

7 Likes

Apple vinegar is delicious. Since it is the season I should go grab a few gallons of juice and get a batch going.

5 Likes

That’s a good idea. :wink:

1 Like

8 Likes

My previous post notwithstanding, I saw this in Minneapolis last year. What the fuck is this abomination I just don’t even. Not sure how this is legal.

22 Likes

That’s a hell of a mess.

14 Likes

I thought cultural appropriation is frowned upon?

9 Likes

Was there a picture of a grumpy old lady with a kerchief over her hair on the label? We occasionally make a trip to a Russian store to get some of that; we call it babushka mustard.

(moments later)

OMG, I actually managed to find a picture of it by googling “babushka mustard.”

A little bit of this stuff goes a loooooooooong way!

12 Likes

Looks like it’s pretty high in iron.

6 Likes

By whom? I suppose that you would be aware of whether or not you are frowning.

Cultural appropriation I think is inevitable, what is to be avoided is doing it cluelessly. Preparing hot dogs does not make me German, and cooking curries does not make me from India. But I was first taught how to make curry in my teens by two Punjabi cooks, so there is an actual lineage of cultural transmission there.

4 Likes

Call it “fusion cuisine” and you’re safe

9 Likes

that’s an interesting question. but it’s often used as argumentative shotgun

hot dogs are rather uncommon here, and the whole religious superstructure is missing - no one cares if I eat my bratwurst in a roll with mustard or ketchup

12 Likes

That’s just the garnish. You don’t have to eat that part.

6 Likes
12 Likes

no sauerkraut? gun users are barbarians!

11 Likes