I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

yechhhh

1 Like

I grew up on cheese whiz and velveeta. I haven’t had either in over a decade but I bet I’d still like cheese whiz and pickle sandwiches if I made one…

4 Likes

I think I’d do smooth for a steamed dog as well. Grainy for BBQ/fried or sausage.

Am I the only one who grew up slicing my hot dogs (almost) in half, butterflying them, frying the inside, then flipping and stuffing with cheese? (Toppings ketchup, strong mustard, dill relish, raw onion or shallot)?

6 Likes

You and my grandmother. Plus she grilled the bun with an obscene amount​ of butter. Delicious.

7 Likes

I have never tried this but simply must do so now. Thank you.

4 Likes

There’s a popular take-out in Wichita, KS - Dog N Shake - who make it their signature. For years, their slogan was “We Butter Toast Our Buns For You”.

Hot dogs or hamburgers, ketchup or no, it was delicious.

2 Likes

I think we should put onions on everything. EVERYTHING.

I never met an onion I didn’t like.

Fresh onions? Snappy!

Pickled onions? Sassy!

Carmelized onions? Classy!

Diced? Sliced? Nice.

Bits? Better.

Burnt? Earn’t.

Cry when you cut? Check yer gut. Onions activate yer gastrointestinal culture, and yer body likes it like a vulture…

Circle, circle, like an onion.

P.S. Onion poem engaged.

4 Likes

2 Likes

There are very, very places I can handle sautéed onions. Too slimy for me.

Also, onion rings with the wrong onion-thickness-to-batter ratio bum me out, too.

1 Like

Good onions, cooked well, won’t be slimy. They’ll be glisteny. There’s a diff.

You’ve been robbed of well-cooked onions, mon ami.

2 Likes

8 Likes

You got that on a T-shirt? Cool. Just a few more condiments and you’ll be All Dressed :smile:

11 Likes

Sadly no, saw it at the thrift store today but I’ve had too many hotdogs to fit in it :slightly_frowning_face:

Would look sharp with some mustard colored pants. Green shoes? Certainly nothing white.

5 Likes
5 Likes

https://twitter.com/roqchams/status/845461261760380929

https://twitter.com/roqchams/status/845475540156895236

9 Likes

12 Likes

15 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

7 Likes