"I want THAT one!" Driver gets mad that she can't use a particular gas pump

It’s generous of you to try. And I echo others saying, if not pumping, get outta the dang way (if you can, which it looked like here, you could).
BUT, the angry woman wasn’t just pissed about wanting to use that particular pump, it was about wanting to use that particular pump RIGHT TF NOW!!! Seems unreasonable.
Anyhoo, the mutual phone recording reminded me of that one episode of Black Mirror. We aren’t too far off.

Edited to clarify that I think angry woman was being a jerk. I keep forgetting that the internet doesn’t know me.

2 Likes

A farmer? Especially if it’s a pickup. Most farmer I know either have a Defender, an L200 or a Hilux.

1 Like

One time I had to wait for a pump. Once I finally got to one, I noticed the two motorcycles at a pump across from weren’t being fueled, but rather were being used as seats while the two bikers ate their lunch. So yeah, go use a parking spot instead.

Eating next to a gas pump is another rant.

1 Like

This is in Los Angeles. Farmers in the US do not drive landrovers. Landy in LA is definitely begging for @spetrovits’ judgement.

2 Likes

Why do people rage out like that for insignificant reasons? I don’t get it at all. Swearing to myself or honking once usually solves it for me. I don’t ever remember people flipping out like this until the last few years. Is society just pushing people to their limits? Has this behavior always been here and are more people just catching shit like this on camera? Has society bred a new type of entitled uber complainer monster?

2 Likes

I think a serious problem with driving to another spot right after pumping gas (if you haven’t used a payment card) is because the attendant doesn’t know if you’re going to run off without paying. Though pumping before paying is increasingly more antiquated these days.

2 Likes

Clearly a fan of Little Britain.

About a week ago I pulled in to get fuel and maneuvered to one of the clear inner bays as spouse was screaming at me “go to the end!” “THE END ONE IS CLEAR” “!!! WHY DID YOU NOT GO TO THE NEAREST ONE!!!”

I explained that that the end dispenser was not only the only spot in the area where diesel was dispensed, it was also the only spot at this station accessible to anyone pulling a trailer. So as we were in a tiny maneuverable car, it was of net benefit to society for us (without trailer, and in a petrol car) to use any other open dispenser.

I don’t think spouse was convinced.

5 Likes

The sentiment really isn’t that new.

We just carry high-def cameras everywhere now, and internet access is ubiquitous anywhere important.

2 Likes

For the US market, that is correct. Diesels are supposed to become available here later this year.

In this part of the world that would be illegal. The ACCC would be slapping them around with the Australian Consumer Law.

variables or sum questionnaire

Obviously we need dueling Tiktoks where each shows the unquestionable stance of the creator. Maybe it will help people understand each other better in the long run.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.