Watch: A man loses it at a gas station when he thinks a woman cut in line

Originally published at: Watch: A man loses it at a gas station when he thinks a woman cut in line | Boing Boing

4 Likes

His t-shirt tells you all you need to know.

26 Likes

Ok, the testosterone laden scream fest was ridiculous, but Sam’s Club gas lines are often long and very orderly. If she pulled up in the “out” lane and cut in front, she’s probably lucky there wasn’t a rage induced homicide.

I’ve been cut off for a parking spot or a gas fill up spot that I was waiting patiently for and it’s amazing how utterly rage inducing such acts can be!

4 Likes

I do hate when people cut in line.
Also that guy is way OUT! OF! LINE!

21 Likes

Dude needs a chill pill.

5 Likes

27 Likes

That he’s a member of the Culpeper Minutemen?

jk

2 Likes

Needs more consummate Vs.

14 Likes

I’m still waiting for an exception to my rule of never taking seriously any man in camo cargo shorts.

9 Likes

Is using a cellphone next to gas pumps still a bad thing?

3 Likes

I live in fear of being treated like this at a gas station. I had some gal freak at me when I was 16 and trying to figure it out decades ago, and I still feel anxious about it decades later. I swear folks are always so wound up there.

However with that shirt? This guy was looking for a target.

9 Likes

Nope. Never was. Pure urban myth wound up in the usual digital age hysteria. Phones use solid state electronics and produce no risk at all around gas vapors.

8 Likes

I might get a little annoyed in the moment, and might say something calmly to the person who cut ahead of me.

But then I’d move along. It’s a small offense, it’s not worth getting in a huge tizzy over it.

4 Likes

I know it would be cruel but I hope to god he has to watch a video of himself. On the other hand maybe he’d like it. Poor little thing, brought to frothing rage by a soft-spoken woman. I wonder how he would have reacted to a guy his own size, maybe covered with jailhouse tats and wearing greasy jeans. I’m guessing he’d have kept his mr. badass attitude in check. Instead he lets the world know that a woman scares the shit out of him. what a loser.

10 Likes

This. These a-holes never seem to target people that could drop them with one punch. I wonder why…

7 Likes

From the bandage on his arm, it looks like he gave blood that day. Maybe he was delirious.

3 Likes

There’s an economics experiment that involves giving two people a dollar. Person A gets to decide how it’s to be split, after which person B can either agree, or decide that neither A nor B get anything. According to the naive model A should say “99c for me, 1c for you” and B should say “Okay fine… jerk” but in practice if A skews things too wildly then B says no much more often than that.

A superior model (better at predicting behavior) assumes that some fraction of people are willing to work again their own self-interest, in the cause of ensuring fairness for all. It doesn’t have to be everyone, just enough enforcers that people like this woman would think twice about cutting in line.

Anyway this is what I think about when I see wackjobs like this guy…

I only take them seriously when their infant’s clothes are also camo.

2 Likes

Yeah, odd thing that. I mean they’re fearless, all that they hold sacred has been violated, yet the certainty of a well-earned ass kicking leaves them mute.

4 Likes

Is there any story about whether she in fact cut in line, or not?