I was lucky to have a friend like Lu

Wonderful tribute, thank you for posting. As someone much smarter than me once said - “dogs are the best people”.

9 Likes

Sleep tight pupper.

7 Likes

What an adorable little nightmare. I’m sorry for your loss. I’m glad she went peacefully and (based on your description) on her own terms and in her own time, which is how she lived.

7 Likes

All dogs go to heaven, after all. (Say what you will about rational agnosticism or even athiesm for we humans, but I will cut the man who says dogs don’t get to live forever)

9 Likes

What a moving story. Lu is a beautiful soul. So glad u had 16 glorious years together.
Bobby

6 Likes

Godspeed Lu, dogs never live long enough but the lucky ones do live well. My condolences, may she live on in your heart and memory.

6 Likes

Beautifully done. I am sorry you had to say goodbye but glad for all the feels she was able to gift you with.

6 Likes

Here’s to Lu, a Mighty Fine Dog! Cheers!

4 Likes

My golden retriever Jake ate nearly two whole packets of chocolate Tim Tams. We were freaking out but the vet assured us he would be fine aside from some diarrhoea. He was a VERY happy boy that day. Other top hits were attempting to exit through a dog door holding a whole baguette in his mouth, parallel to his body (stolen from the dining table of course) and chewing through a bag of dog biscuits that had been left out after shopping.

Jake died about 3 years ago at the age of 14 - old, happy and moderately overweight.

5 Likes

That is a very touching tribute. Sorry for your loss.

Dogs may legitimately be the best thing in the world.

5 Likes

My Golden is a glutton too, liking especially fats and oils (although not limited to what we would consider “food”). She once ate an entire tub of Aveeno hand cream and scared herself for two days, every time she loudly farted.

Other top hits were attempting to exit through a dog door holding a whole baguette in his mouth, parallel to his body (stolen from the dining table of course)

I had a dauchund once that ate an entire loaf of bread. Her distended stomach drug on the ground for a day. Even that wasn’t regretted, as far as I can tell!

…and chewing through a bag of dog biscuits that had been left out after shopping.

I’ve occasionally been greeted at the door by our golden, holding an empty and shredded box dog treats, as if to let me know “guess who the good girl is? ? ? ! ! !

5 Likes

I have a cocker spaniel and she’s a very food motivated baby, and she tries to be the goodest girl when around people to get some. If someone has fried chicken around her, her favorite food, she will sit, vibrate and make a soft whistle the whole time you’re eating it. But, yeah, I get the whole “even not food things”. It’s at least once a week that she’ll jump in the shower (while I’m in it mind you), and if I have the soap on the low shelf in there she’ll start licking it. I wonder what the neighbors think of if they over hear me shouting “don’t lick the soap goofball!”

I left my chair untucked on the table once and my wife left a bag with about a cup of shelled peanuts left in it and I left the room for about 10 minutes. Came back to slight rustling, there was Mathilda licking the remains of the bag with not a peanut in sight with the most self satisfied look. I just couldn’t get mad, I just picked up the bits of plastic and laughed. She did poop peanuts for the next two potties, though, as she snarfed them down as quickly as she could, without chewing.

2 Likes

Hey guys! GUYS! I’ve figured it all out! Now we can have ALL THE TREATS WE WANT? Isn’t it exciting?!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.