"I was prescribed Trump’s steroid. It made me feel invincible"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/07/i-was-prescribed-trumps-steroid-it-made-me-feel-invincible.html

16 Likes

I was really weakened due to chemo, and yet with dexamethasone in my system, I couldn’t help but rearrange my garage including building an over-head lumber storage rack. The stuff is every bit as powerful as people are saying. It also caused me to roid rage at a poor Playstation support line agent.

40 Likes

Other steroids do that too, to a lesser extent. Dexamethasone must be particularly potent.

15 Likes

Wait, are you saying Trump only started very recently taking this?

30 Likes

Yeah, basically he’s now medically incapable of acting in any way other than the way he already acts.
He’s so bigly great that he’s not even getting side effects from this potent drug, there’s no change in his behaviour at all!

19 Likes

I wasn’t on Dexa, but a slightly less-potent variant. I asked to be switched to something else when I realized I was spending a lot of time either: A. Thinking of ways to physically assault and kill the people I interacted with, and B. Frantically trying to stop myself from doing it. It was a horrible experience.

28 Likes

Congratulations Rolling Stone, you’ve created a new exotic drug black market.

Unavoidable, but frightening to think of what a drugged Cheeto will do now.

14 Likes

Yeah, I was put on prednisone for a couple of weeks after a particularly bad runin with poison oak.

Didn’t make me feel good at all. I suppose it did help with the allergic reaction, but none of this invincible stuff.

I just felt super jumpy at the slightest stuff. The most banal non-offensive statements sounded like attacks and I kept lashing out verbally at people. Felt really bad about it.

24 Likes

In my mind, I thought I was performing better than ever: unencumbered, unafraid, limitless. To audiences that may have seen me on that tour: man, I’m sorry.

I wonder if anyone can comment on the quality of those shows.

11 Likes

Evil Overlord #24. I will maintain a realistic assessment of my strengths and weaknesses. Even though this takes some of the fun out of the job, at least I will never utter the line “No, this cannot be! I Am Invincible!!!” (After that, death is usually instantaneous.)

8 Likes
6 Likes

So what happens when it wears off? I imagine there has to be some downside that will fuel yet another round of rage tweets.

10 Likes

Who says he’ll let them stop? Once you taste invincible, and you’re someone like Trump, it feels inevitable he’ll just ride that shit through the election and be insufferable.

15 Likes

I doubt they’ll ever take him off it. Even if It’s unsafe, and actually pretty bad for you to take steroids for extended periods.

No doctor’s going to put up with the level of whiny bitchiness trunp will be when taken off. They’ll just keep giving it to him.

He’s already 74, it’s not like they’re taking that many years off his QOL-adjusted lifespan. He’s probably already pretty marginal in that sense anyway.

14 Likes

The Japanese label on the ampoules says “Dekadoron” which sounds like something Ultraman would have to fight with.

20 Likes

I’ve done prednisone for poison ivy a lot, as I’m dangerously allergic. The dose for something like that is very small, smallest dosage pill and take 1-4. That sort of thing. I definitely get a too much coffee situation from it.

Dosages for things like cancer and autoimmune disorders are higher. I’ve heard some crazy balls from people on high doses for long periods. And this is the safe, mild steroid.

Potentially a giant, psychologically dangerous crash.

Even with the low dose prednisone I’ve been on, the dose is tapered up and then down, and you’re warned not to stop it suddenly.

14 Likes

Does he have more wishes? No.

2 Likes

Trump is going to crash hard after his 10 day treatment course is over.

Should make his last 2 -3 weeks of campaigning interesting.

26 Likes

24 Likes

I used to get Kenalog for my allergies 40+ years ago, one shot once a year. It is a really mild, old steroid. I never got ragey or even jumpy, but it would send me into a depression for a few days. Basically back then, the psychological effects weren’t that well known. Today I just take allergy pills and cope.

6 Likes