"I was prescribed Trump’s steroid. It made me feel invincible"

Assuming his doctors are brave enough to tell him “no more” and pull him off it.

12 Likes

They can always give him the improved extra strength placebos.

24 Likes

I agree with Kathy; docos with any self preservation instincts will likely sub placebos for the 'roids rather than take the risk of killing 45 by blindly obeying his demands to OD him.

18 Likes

From Josh Marshall at Talking Points Memo (behind paywall):

“It is no accident that we haven’t seen the President speak live on camera since his COVID diagnosis. It is hard to distinguish the President’s current state of mind from his baseline antic, mercurial nature. But much of what has happened over the last three days resembles a fairly typical manic episode and mania is a relatively common side effect of the steroid medication he was given as part of his COVID treatment. His Twitter feed is increasingly difficult to distinguish from Kanye West’s. Whatever the clinical effects of these medications, it is likely and would be unsurprising that the events of the last week – the failed debate, a life-threatening medical diagnosis and difficulty breathing – affected the President’s mental state. How could it not?”

15 Likes

reporter Julia Ioffe is tweeting about her experience with COVID and this drug, and she says that she felt awesome when on them, but when they took her off them that’s when her body just crashed and she ended up in the hospital. how long is he supposed to be on these? i need to mark my calendar.

6 Likes

What about our quality of life?

16 Likes

My question is how long CAN he remain on them, physically, before the toll on his body is catastrophic? Because there’s no question in my mind that he’ll demand to remain on them indefinitely, and Conley will cave.

8 Likes

Given that he’s elderly, overweight, with a lifestyle that includes a bad diet and no exercise?

Not long.

13 Likes

One can hope for exactly that!

2 Likes

You sure about that?

I’d argue that an advanced sense of self preservation would argue for a serious OD of the patient.

1 Like

About as sure as I am of anything in this hideous clusterfuck of a year; which is to say, NOT AT FUCKLING ALL.

But I’m still allowed to have my own opinion, if that’s okay with you.

13 Likes

Steroids make me extremely short-tempered and feeling intensely homicidal at interruptions to whatever I’m currently occupied with or a dissenting opinion sent my way. I also have a relative with MS that sometimes has to take steroids. He overestimates his energy levels and capabilities every time and is flattened after a few days.

6 Likes

19 Likes

Holy mutherforking fucksocks; please tell me that’s some sort of parody???

22 Likes

He’s already bullied his doctors into letting him go back to the WH and expose other people. Additionally, he’s being treated with an experimental regimen of drugs. The handful of doctors that I’ve
seen interviewed on CNN mentioned that no other patient would’ve been discharged while receiving a cocktail of Regeneron, Remdesivir and Dexamethasone.

Unfortunately, I think he could bully a military doc into following his orders. Conley was selected personally by his predecessor Ronny Jackson, who had been accused of improperly dispensing medications.

12 Likes

I really hope so, but…

6 Likes

He looks half dead. I don’t even know whether the text is real or not because the man is literally unhinged and there’s no telling what he might say. But he looks half dead.

12 Likes

It’s fake, thankfully.

17 Likes

They can keep him on these steroids the rest of his life.

With the pleasant side effect that the longer he’s propped up by these steroids the greater the chance he’ll have a heart attack, aneurysm or stroke.

11 Likes

The funny part is that you don’t know.