I was seriously attracted to the human female host of this creepy children's TV show

I’m assuming those weren’t child-actors, then.

1 Like

SenorSchaffer<-----does some mathing real quick

She could have been a very young grandma and my mother would have had to have been very young as well.

1 Like

Luckyyyyy! Ian’s the best. His stuff is poetry (although he vehemently denies it.)

Their loss!

4 Likes

@MBrody stated it was unlikely that was a legitimate promo image from NBC in the 1960s. I didn’t see where he made a moral argument for or against the picture. Just that a major network (with major sponsors) probably wouldn’t have released something so risque.

4 Likes

So am I weird that I never really crushed on anyone from TV or movies? Sure I find many sexy or attractive, but no one to the point I would buy pictures of them or even fantasize about them. Maybe I am just more grounded in what is realistic?

4 Likes

He and I are similar pranksters. Once during a show he climbed the rigging to one side, and I noticed. So I snuck past a few guards, saw where he ended up. We locked eyes, both grinned, and waved at each other.

We both knew exactly how naughty we were both being :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Damn your luck!

Damn me!!

1 Like

I have met a number of very famous, high powered people by being, “politely naughty”. Which strikes me as deeply funny, since a piece of feedback I got not half an hour ago observed that, “japhroaig is often quite introverted”.

5 Likes

Manners and sharp wit are the arms of a gentleman. As long as you keep 'em grinning, often you can get away with metaphorical murder. Murdering metaphors is another matter entirely. :dizzy_face:

6 Likes

Jason, Why do I get the feeling you grew up in the Tri-State area (NY,NJ,Conn)

I never met a metaphor I didn’t know what to do for.

Yeah, I should retire :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s doin’ it for me now.

4 Likes

This says so much about me, I am afraid to admit anything. But I purr at everything in this shot.

13 Likes

Best theme music ever.

3 Likes

I saw a back to back Thick as a Brick/Passion play show. It must have been a dare.

3 Likes
6 Likes

What do you mean, “No no no”? I said nothing about the actual method of doing the accent itself (as wrong as your opinion is about that), just about the choice of classic phrases to use. It makes no sense to frame your reply as a disagreement in this context.

2 Likes

Meg Tilly in Agnes of God gave me some of my first hetro feelings. I’m not even catholic… I still dont know whats wrong with me.

2 Likes

I apologise for my brusque-ness, it was never meant to insult or infantilise.

Connery’s accent, if you want to copy it well, comes from a posh English accent that uses Scottish phoenomes on top. Listen to Ewan, Connery, and begby, and it’s night and day.

I am west coast American, born and bred. I’ve been accused of being from the UK many times because of my subtle lilt. Yeah, I used the word lilt :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Speaking of The Facts of Life she’s been voiced by Mindy Cohn for a while now.

2 Likes