I was seriously attracted to the human female host of this creepy children's TV show

I’d be interested in hearing who the girls daydreamed about, assuming it wasn’t the normal Tiger Beat fodder, if only to prevent this thread from being too boyzonie.

9 Likes

well the only male host of a creepy kids show that I can recall is the one and only

Could be others… :sunglasses:

8 Likes

17 Likes

Well, that was an odd trip down the memory hole. I had forgotten this show even existed. Croft Superstars creeped me out more.

@dfaris: There was this kid when he wasn’t getting slimed:

And this kid with the famous parents and probably more famous sibling:

And yeah, I’d argue Facts of Life was, indeed, a kid’s show.

7 Likes

Parker Posey slumming?

3 Likes

he didn’t do anything to support my subesequent homosexuality either…

5 Likes

Since we’re sharing, I’d have to go with Diana Rigg as Emma Peel from the Avengers. Something about that smile…

29 Likes

Well, as long as we’re in confession mode…ahem…

28 Likes

Lady Aberlin (Betty Aberlin) was my favorite resident in the Neighborhood of Make-Believe.

14 Likes

Just leaving this here for the sake of discussion

21 Likes

I grew up with this show and I’m a furry and thankfully I was never attracted to nobody in this show.

Still, that damn theme is stuck in my head now.

4 Likes

I used to watch The New Zoo Revue when I was… 7? I watched it, but I never liked it. It gave me similar “can’t get clean—can’t get clean!” feelings as all the Krofft shows I couldn’t stop watching. They really knew how to press my buttons. (Lidsville and Pufnstuf can still give me waking nightmares.)

I think my first real TV celebritycrush was Jaclyn Smith on Charlie’s Angels. My parents let me stay up late to watch it every week when I was in fifth grade.

5 Likes

Ahem. Emma Peel has nothing on Cathy Gale.

10 Likes

This is your lucky day.

3 Likes

I was technically too old for that show, but in the days before cable it must have come on during some barren time slot after school so I did end up watching sometimes. I remember absolutely loathing the frog, and the theme song, but watching it because I was infatuated with Emmy Jo, too.

But then… half the shows I watched I just endured for glimpses of some girl I had a crush on. I even managed to crush on a few girls that could have been my grandmother in real life by the time I saw the show in repeats. Off the top of my head I remember at one time or another being in love with…

Mallory, Family Ties
Bailey, WKRP in Cincinnati
Jo, Facts of Life
Mrs. Kotter, Welcome Back, Kotter
Kimberly, Different Strokes
Barbara, One Day at a Time
Kristy McNichol, Apple’s Way
Laurie Partridge, Partridge Family
Penny (then–later) Julie, Lost in Space
Samantha, Bewitched
Ellie May, Beverly Hillbillies
Betty, Father Knows Best
Jan, Brady Bunch (I remember Marsha reminded me too much of my sister)
Mary Ann - (and much, much later, Ginger), Gilligan’s Island
Emma Peel, Avengers (thanks for reminding me!)
Janice Rand, Star Trek
Mary Ingalls, Little House
Heather Menzies (Jessica), Logan’s Run (Jenny Agutter too, of course, but not even getting into movies…)
Sara Jane Smith, Dr. Who
Demelza, Poldark (Masterpiece Theater)

8 Likes

Also available in green.

20 Likes

What the hell did she see in Maxwell Smart?

26 Likes

23 Likes

5 Likes

To provide a bit of gender balance, three of the hottest men of the late 60’s.

23 Likes