I was seriously attracted to the human female host of this creepy children's TV show

The obvious joke would be about how he got all cranky & right wing when he got older…

1 Like

I remember seeing that, and also this one:

I was never super-interested in either, but I vividly remember tuning into the end of the VERY LAST EPISODE of one of them. One little-girl character said something along the lines of “the show may be over, but ____ will always live on in your heart!”

Are there still locally produced children’s programs? There were two in Oregon in the early 70’s we had Hobo Kelly which seemed kind of fun and cool especially since she had a cool machine that would turn junk into the latest toys. We also had a show called Romper Room that was little more than televised day care. I can’t remember being of an age where I could endure an entire episode.

3 Likes

— Well it’s TV so the “plain” girl is usually played by a smoking hot brunette with glasses…Thus allowing one to fantasize about a woman who is beautiful AND smart AND doesn’t realize that she’s smokin’ hot so that you just might have a chance. (Of course as an adult, I have discoveerd that my chances were generally better than I thought that they were at the time)

Although I certainly don’t remember having a crush on any of the cast from “The Doubledeckers.”

4 Likes

Missed one:

Also, a great interview/article about HB:

http://www.vqronline.org/articles/voice-and-hammer

6 Likes

I am as hetero as they come, but dayum they are good looking men.

Also in the spirit of balance, Burt Reynolds. I won’t post the infamous image, but there is a reason people swooned for him.

4 Likes

I’d like to add Mallory (Family Ties), Marcia Brady, and the Laura Ingals from Little House.

1 Like

I’m surprised nobody mentioned Lily Munster yet.

19 Likes

Another one: Grace Jones. I knew that she was crazy gorgeous and also that I was scared to death of her. But…wow!

14 Likes

Could it be that you were attracted to the female host as a psychological defense mechanism, forced there by the mind-altering weirdness of the other show characters? (Port in a storm, so to speak?)

4 Likes

The stars of old Hollywood were pure class. Here’s one of young Leslie Nielsen looking foxy

8 Likes

I’ll be in my bunk.

9 Likes

It’s the body hair, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Like a hairy merman calling you to your watery doom

2 Likes

The 'stache man, the 'stache.

6 Likes

Really?

7 Likes

That’s totally not true, on The Magicians the nerdy girl is played by a smoking hot blonde with glasses!

7 Likes

I still have a man crush on this guy, and I always will.

He defined pbs for me.

21 Likes

I’ll raise you a Sean Connery

16 Likes

I was going to link to this for lulz but i got sidetracked (i am at work after all). Thank you for taking care of that for me.

2 Likes