I was seriously attracted to the human female host of this creepy children's TV show

[quote=“jdaniel30, post:87, topic:97565”]
We also had a show called Romper Room that was little more than televised day care. I can’t remember being of an age where I could endure an entire episode.[/quote]
Romper Room was the subject of a recent BB article!

As was Bozo the Clown, the show was a franchise. TV stations around the country hired a host, built a set, and filmed episodes with local kiddies as hosts. It had a specific formula, with songs and games. Ended with the host looking through the “magic mirror” at kids in the TV home audience.

I remember watching it in my pre-school days.

The NYC area had a few locally hosted shows. Sandy Becker, Wonderama, come to mind. One with a sea captain as the host.

5 Likes

Joy from “The Bugalloos” for me. I’ve been told that I told my mother “She has really pretty legs.” when I was four years old.

13 Likes

I can still sing the theme from the Double Deckers. And I may have had a crush on Sticks.
And also Danny Bonaduce from the Partridge Family.
Upon reflection, it shouldn’t be surprising I ended up married to a drummer.

1 Like

I admired her when I was a child, I wanted to be like her, despite the fact that I have always been squishy and pale.

5 Likes

Definitely. Although I think that particular photo is a composite.

6 Likes

'sup…

1 Like

2 Likes

and Maria.

I was a PBS groupie…

13 Likes

That’s not too strange from where I’m standing…
Liz Sladen was my big TV crush.

2 Likes

For some reason a UHF channel carried Laugh In when I was a teenager. 60s Jo-Anne Worley was my tv crush.

3 Likes

Thank you, I agree: 'tis lucking fuscious…

I appeared on a locally-produced (in Maryland) PBS kids’ show called Hodgepodge Lodge when I was 8 years old. It was a nature show and featured Miss Jean and her parrot Aurora. I think I got paid $100! A lot of money at the time.

4 Likes

Gah! Bleach! Stat!

3 Likes

The cat womanes were cool, but in that particular universe, like @wisconsinplatt, I was a Bat girl boy.

Hell, riding a motorcycle and being a librarian? Bet Cory was into her too!

6 Likes

Precocious and perspicacious, what’s not to like? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ha, I see wut u did there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a good picture.

It reminds us mortals that even incredibly handsome and accomplished men with great voices can be look like total dweebs sometimes.

Cuts us some slack, you know?

1 Like

9 Likes

She’s still fucking gorgeous!

17 Likes