Ian M. Smith, Homeland Security staffer tied to white supremacists, was in White House policy meetings with Stephen Miller

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/31/freitag.html

4 Likes

Just look at that face. If you put him in a movie playing an actual SS officer critics would roll their eyes at how unimaginative and generic the casting choices were.

19 Likes

I am shocked I tell you! Shocked! (Yeah, maybe not so much.)

4 Likes

Yep. That’s true. However in trumpworld a positive answer to that question is a positive answer to that question.

White_House__White_Hood

10 Likes

White supremacists? In my White House?

7 Likes

You elect a white supremasist and this kind of thing can happen.

15 Likes

I’m not sure you can really restrain this sort of headline to “tied to white supremacists” when the person in question is joining in making white supremacist jokes.

12 Likes

FTFY.

He places his own superiority over everyone else, and White supremacists are very useful in helping maintain his delusion.

13 Likes

“Smith would have had to pass a background check for his security clearance, which typically includes an in-person interview during which he would likely have been asked about any associations with extremist groups,” the WaPo reports.

So the question is, did he disclose it and it wasn’t seen as a problem under current leadership, or did he not disclose it?
One has to wonder how many actual Nazis have been appointed under this administration. It’s going to leave a mark.

12 Likes

EVERY FUCKING ONE OF THEM

16 Likes

A spot, even.

9 Likes

Interviewer: Are you a Nazi?
Smith: …nein?
Interviewer: That’s good enough for us! Welcome aboard!

16 Likes

I was thinking that very thing when I jumped into the comments. It’s the pursed, smirking lips and soulless eyes that does it for me. Or maybe I’m biased since the article points out that he’s in that camp. Meh. Nazi’s don’t get the benefit of the doubt. Not once; not ever.

It’s hard to believe that a Nazi racist had anything to do with our current immigration policies. /s

10 Likes

full-35430-52182-tumblr_mt6nbuts0l1sgedlyo1_400

16 Likes

Well, there’s a reason they take full ownership of the moniker “department of fatherland security”. /snark

(I am very doubleplusgood that I changed jobs and didn’t need to go flying all over the place shortly after the TSA and DHS came into existence…

2 Likes

Well, I look like that.

3 Likes

Soulless eyes and all? Oh dear.

6 Likes

In this instance the WH is literally that occupied by the Imperial Wizard as a resident surrounded and served by sheet hooded idiots. Sad days for this country. Next IQ45 will try to reinstate eugenics to cleanse the nation of those him, DHS and Miller cannot deport legally or illegally. Fred would be proud of his Imperial Wizard IQ45!

4 Likes

The Religion of Whiteness is a reality for these sheet heads with IQ45 as their Imperial Wizard, Miller is the Grand Dragon while DHS is the enforcement group of Brown Shirts. Sad day for this nation when such small minds run over 200 years of greatness.

4 Likes

IQ45…I like that… hope its ok to swipe it for future use

4 Likes