Iceland's President seems as busy & vital as Trump

But at least it’s a friendly topic to argue about: I’ve tried P on P just recently and it wasn’t bad . . .

Apparently he’s already flip-flopped. (Or more likely he made the original statement in jest and the joke was lost in translation.)

“I like pineapples, just not on pizza. I do not have the power to make laws which forbid people to put pineapples on their pizza. I am glad that I do not hold such power. Presidents should not have unlimited power. I would not want to hold this position if I could pass laws forbidding that which I don´t like. I would not want to live in such a country.”

That certainly doesn’t sound like something Trump would say.

6 Likes

Perhaps we can get 45 to ban Canadian bacon on pizza?

haven’t had it since I was a kid - at which time I sort’a liked it

2 Likes

I’m starting to think that was the point. He picked something odd enough the media would pick it up (they like reporting on Iceland anyhow), but benign enough that even if you are a Hawaiian pizza fan, you’re not going to get that worked up about it. Meanwhile he gets to slip in that line pointing out the proper use of power.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.