Idaho Lt. Governor drives around with a gun and a Bible protesting COVID-19 restrictions, in video questioning if virus is even real

And this is why even if the office I work at opens back up after the end of this year, I will be petitioning to remain full-time work-from-home.

(We had a company town hall meeting in Teams this week and folks were just blaming the case increase on people moving to Idaho from California… like, how fucking idiotic are you?)

3 Likes

9 Likes

I’m in Idaho for grad school right now and it’s pretty unsettling how blasé everyone is here about the virus. My program itself is doing a pretty good job (breaking us up into small cohorts, requiring masks, encouraging remote learning, etc), but we still share campus with undergraduate covidiots (not to mention the surrounding townspeople).

When the news broke about what the Lt. Governor was doing, I wasn’t even surprised: it really sums up the attitude of most people in this state. At this point I’m trying to just get through to thanksgiving (when our semester ends and I can GTFO of this state) without getting sick.

6 Likes

But see, one is wholesome and all American, while the other is a clear perversion of all that is good and holy… I mean, Islam isn’t even a real religion, right? /s

It’s insane that people can’t grok the parallels here. At the very least the young Muslim woman might be motivated by endless wars perpetrated in her country, which could have radicalized her, which is at least somewhat understandable. The young Christian woman was radicalized despite probably living a life of deep privilege.

Stay safe!

9 Likes

When Trump loses, the gun and bible may come in handy… in a remote, uninhabited location.

1 Like

2 Likes

That’s how. Anyone with sense and the ability to do so runs like hell the second they get the chance. I did.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.