Idaho Lt. Governor drives around with a gun and a Bible protesting COVID-19 restrictions, in video questioning if virus is even real

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/29/idaho-lt-governor-drives-around-with-a-gun-and-a-bible-protesting-covid-19-restrictions-in-video-questioning-if-virus-is-even-real.html

3 Likes

19 Likes

It’s the death cult road show! Free coughs in your face in the back of the coal-rollin’ van.

11 Likes

Yup, that is DEFINITELY What Jesus Would Do, if they had had SUVs, bibles, & Glocks back then.

10 Likes

Is she staging rallies at local Nazi compounds? One could only hope…

2 Likes

So is it this Lt. Governor’s position that Donald Trump was just faking it when he claimed to be hospitalized with Covid-19?

16 Likes

Boy, it would be terrible if these people in this video got covid, like 63,000+ other residents of Idaho, and died, like 618+ people in that state. Yep, a real shame.

I guess it just won’t be real to these people until that starts to happen, though. I wonder how many of these people will finally figure out it’s real before January, and still manage to blame Biden for it.

5 Likes

“Jesus wept” or Christ said, “It is what it is,”

3 Likes

I am driving around questioning if the Lt. Governor is even real.

1 Like

[bugs_bunny_sawing_off_idaho].gif

5 Likes

Is the bible just pure tribal signaling in this case; or is our…gentleman…here on the cutting edge of scriptural exegesis where testing and quarantining the unclean isn’t not only OK but divinely mandated?

1 Like

If I was a believer I’d say they’re just evil itself playing the good christian, but I’m not, so my explanation is that they’re just violent people using faith as a tool to legitimize their actions.
Those people don’t belong to any church.

3 Likes

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

– attributed to Sinclair Lewis, possibly James Waterman Wise.

8 Likes

I find it soooo ironic that conservatives accuse liberals of virtue signalling. And yet when they do it, they do it to such a degree it borders on parody.

7 Likes

Better:

3 Likes

Last week was the highest yet for Idaho in both cases and deaths and its still increasing. That all those infringements on their right to do whatever they want was helping them maintain the right to keep breathing was somehow lost on them
Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 10.15.22 AM

5 Likes

Obligatory: Driving around waving a gun? If she was black she’d be long dead at the hands of police by now.

I recently heard the 2nd Amendment movement described as “guns for white people”, and it seems apt.

6 Likes

Side question, but how does this even happen? There’s literally nobody else to vote for in those districts? How depressing.

1 Like

Is this a new Reality-TV format, something like “Keeping up with Florida” ?

When some people take nonsense, nail it into their brains as unchangeably true, and then remap their view of the entire universe to explain the mismatch, it reminds me of the time Google Maps gave me a route from Niagara Falls Ontario to Buffalo NY, via Windsor/Detroit. (A tiny bit of tollroad at the border caused the problem.)