Idiot Roy Moore spokesperson left utterly speechless when Jake Tapper teaches him about the Bible in Congress

‘Books I’d Swear On’ is worthy of its own thread. So, here it is.

12 Likes

Le Ouch! This is what happens to groups of people who through incestuous amplification never learn anything beyond their little like minded click.

5 Likes

At the end there, thats Tapper’s “this guy is a fucking idiot” face.

7 Likes

It’s more than just not being aware of other viewpoints though. That implies a quality of reception and self awareness that hasn’t been demonstrated.

I think lots of people are aware that there are other viewpoints but are not interested or willing to entertain them, which serves the folks looking to promote agendas very well.

5 Likes

I had an office to myself (not because I’m special, nor important, just how it’s worked out) until recently. While I was on my own I didn’t have to worry about guffawing, swearing in frustration, etc. A few weeks ago I moved to another room with 4 office mates and I believe they already think I’m nuts. Me chortling at your response isn’t helping matters. I imagined it being read by the voice of Sam Elliott (or Waylon Jennings).

4 Likes

There’s got to be a GIF of that, putting his reaction on repeat.

Or, maybe that is the GIF?

6 Likes

What a fucking clown.

1 Like

In the old times, you needed smoke coming out.

3 Likes

I predict that Mr. Crockett will be sworn in again and again, barring term limits.

1 Like

Hehe, that was funny.
I loved the little Merry Christmas that dipshit thew in at the end, as a last resort try to trigger the liberal fake news media.

8 Likes

As a lifelong resident of the Bible Belt, I’ve seen that look many times. It’s the face I see every time I tell someone I’m an atheist. It’s the look of complete non-comprehension.

27 Likes

That really helps with a lot of things, doesn’t it. Try it with dumb emails sometime.

Morgan Freeman is a good one too.

3 Likes

Tapper’s facial expression was everything

8 Likes

Why do so many people skip Article 6 Section 3 of the US Constitution?

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

Like it’s pretty damn plain what it says. Why is this so hard to understand?

17 Likes

The Onion said it best.

32 Likes

If we work together hard enough, and long enough, and sincerely enough, someday maybe we’ll be just “folks”. Some of us black, some of us white, some brown or whatever other colors people come in. Individuals, and with individual stories and varying cultures and beliefs, but still just people - all equal, all valued, all respected.

7 Likes

I think the mistaking of anecdote as fact is a central feature of the moronic argument.

2 Likes

I would honestly love to see data on how many votes Moore lost from this interview. This clown acting like the worst Southern stereotype in the name of Roy Moore didn’t do his candidate any favors.

I was down in Chattanooga not long ago for business and got that look every time someone asked me what kind of car I drove, and I told them I didn’t own a car.

18 Likes

Larry Ingle characterizes Nixon as a Ranter, not a true Quaker, which is an interesting conceit. When I was growing up people identified Nixon with the Philadelphia Free Quakers or “Fighting Quakers” but it appears that was probably local propaganda (the Free Quakers enjoy some status locally).

2 Likes

This conflicts with the Scalia Doctrine–“The only valid parts of the Constitution are the ones I agree with”–and the Thomas Corollary: “What Fourteenth Amendment?”

12 Likes