Idiot Roy Moore spokesperson left utterly speechless when Jake Tapper teaches him about the Bible in Congress

It’s such pure Roy Moore-ism (and Trumpism) - having a strong, bigoted opinion based on totally wrong information that a grade-school education should have cleared up. (That, somehow, no one ever corrected, because they live in a bubble.)

Things we take for granted like… reality. And they “seem” so because they demonstrably are.

No, I assume they’re ignorant bigots trying to rule based on something other than consensus reality. Which they demonstrably are.

The spokesman eventually recovered, “This doesn’t look like anything to me,” he added, finally, before returning to his routine actions.

Except that the Moore voters are the worst Southern stereotypes, made flesh.

13 Likes

Glad to see that kid from Mask landed on his feet.

3 Likes

Article 1
Guns, fuck yeah!

Article 2
Er…

Article 3
That’s it.

10 Likes

stupid public school education, which probably failed to teach you how swearing in on the bible, like “in god we trust”, etc. is proof that we were founded as a “christian nation”

1 Like

A shame Tapper didn’t respond with a Happy Holidays (though a Ramadan Mubarak would have been even better).

5 Likes

Agree - not sure how many know Mr. Tapper is Jewish. I thought the smirk as he looked down at the end spoke volumes. He didn’t take the bait, said “Thank you, sir” and moved on. Class act, that guy.

I could watch this clip over and over.

6 Likes

Here’s what Jesus has to say about oaths (Mathew chapter 5):
“33 “Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’ 34 But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.”

11 Likes

That’s an insult to the memory of Rocky Dennis.

11 Likes

Screenshot from 2017-12-13 12-29-56

He aaalmost kept a straight face through the whole thing.

7 Likes

I prefer slack-jawed yokel.

4 Likes

You’re right. I should have said “That kid from Mask sure took a left turn somewhere.”

1 Like

I prefer to judge the guy on his apparent slaw-jawed idiocy, not the way he looks.

8 Likes

If one had to explain Doug Jones’s win in a sentence it’d be this: The Republican base voted like Alabama was holding an off-year special election, while African-Americans turned out like control of the White House was on the line. On Tuesday, Jones won nearly as many votes in Jefferson County (home to Birmingham) as Hillary Clinton did in 2016. And all across the Black Belt — the rural region known for its dark, fertile soil and large African-American population — voters turned out in aberrantly high numbers. This level of civic participation is remarkable, given all the forms of voter suppression that black Alabamians face. Without such turnout, Jones’s win would have been impossible. The vast majority of white voters in Alabama preferred a theocratic alleged ephebophile to a Democrat.

5 Likes

Tapper’s a professional. i’m sure he laughed long and hard over it later over a nice, stiff drink.

2 Likes

Donald Trump is a Christian?

8 Likes

Came here to mention that. He flung it out there like it was some kind of sick burn. A Christian (as this fellow no doubt claims to be) using “Merry Christmas” as an insult is really pathetic.

6 Likes

That’s the face of utter disappointment. I don’t think anyone can match it.

1 Like

I’d classify it as ‘gob-smacked amazement’; like “There’s no way he can actually be this incredibly stupid, it has to be an act.”

3 Likes

I’m glad you posted this. If you’re an atheist you can Affirm you are telling the truth or that you are supporting the Constitution. I use Affirmation when I testify in court.

This Christian Shari’a law is really bumming me out.

7 Likes

Trump is a believer in the Prosperity Gospel, so his beliefs are rooted in making fat wads of cash (not surprising).

7 Likes